Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Mushroom WIP

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Wed, Jul 2, 08 at 11:22

I've had this light cover for years and finally found just the right base to make a mushroom.
I just posted one pic here with link to rest. There are 6 pictures and they are kinda large.
I'm going to grout some of the areas on the base.
The light cover I am putting the tessy stuff on the inside as it has texture on the outside.
I'm using Weldbond, it will dry clear and this won't go outside.
It is for my oldest son and his fiance. She loves mushrooms.
Mushroom Wip

Here is a link that might be useful: Mushroom WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Mushroom WIP

Oh, that does it! I've GOT to make some mushrooms! That is the greatest. What good ideas you used! It's wonderful! I got some great ideas from your photos. Thanks for posting them!

o

Looking good! I like all the different tessearae you have on there! I bet she is really going to love this!

o
Mushroom WIP

great idea.
I love your hot pink bar stool, is it grouted or is the paint just showing through?
bonnie

o

LOL! I haven't grouted yet. I made it months ago, and lost a piece of the tessy stuff, so I put it in the shed.
Well, as I was going thru glass for the mushroom I found a whole jar of the black glass! I'm gonna fix it and grout.
I am planning on a pink grout, colored with acrylic paint.

o

LOVE your idea for the mushroom! Maybe I should give up on trying to make one of concrete and use one or tow of the clear vases and light covers in the garage! I so want to have some in the yard before winter! Can't wait to see this progress..... Thanx for the idea!

Pat

o

I don't know what happened. Here is the picture (I hope).
Mushroom Wip

o

ohhh thats one snazzy fungus!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here