Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
becky_ia

'The Pub' Project

becky_ia
15 years ago

This project has been the biggest challenge I have ever undertaken! It is finally leaded and ready to putty tonight. Then will let it sit a week to harden and finally to the restaurant to be installed above the newly renovated bar. I am only a month behind their grand opening, but couldn't be helped.

Now I know why I love mosaics! Leading, soldering & puttying is truly a ton of work and I am just happy to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I have been working on this for three months and am ready to get back into other projects and join in here more!

Becky

Comments (11)

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Becky,it is beautiful,you did an outstanding job.I feel the same way so much harder than mosaics.You did your self proud tho!!!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

WOW!! Such perfection! I don't even want to try doing all that leading, soldering & puttying stuff...I'll just stick to mosaics, but I sure can appreciate how much hard work it is and what a GREAT job you've done! Once they see this, they won't mind that they had to wait!

• meadel
    15 years ago

Oh Becky, I was just wondering about this and here it is !!! It IS perfect !!!
    You sure did an outstanding job !!! Congratulations !!
    I'll drink to that !!!!
    Cheers !!!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

BEEEE UUUUU TI FUL. Geesh - that's so professional. Bet you are bursting your buttons over this. Very neat work.

• sereneseen
    15 years ago

Becky,

It's wonderful. The bar owners are sure to enjoy it for many years to come. I bet you feel a great sense of accomplishment and relief now that this project is done. Congrats to you!

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

hey, that is a terrific job, lookin really great. it looks so perfect.
    bonnie

• crystal01
    15 years ago

OMG Becky! That is awesome! It's perfection!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Way to go!!! Good to see some actual stained glass going on here as we are mostly mosaicing!lol! Very nice! You gonna share a pic with us when it gets in it's new home?! Purty Pleez!!!

• becky_ia
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you everyone for the wonderful, warm, encouraging comments about this project. Makes it all worthwhile!

We worked last night about three hours, puttied & polished. Tonight will try and finish by cleaning out all the little crevices & corners. The last step just amazed me! I had forgotten what the whiting process does....it just seemed to all come together-cleans & polishes the glass and lead.

Also visited with the owner of the restaurant by phone. Trying to convince them they need to have a light box installed behind to let light shine through to show the beauty of the glass. (See below-Tried to take a picture to show what that will look like). The bar is a bit dark and they just want to have hanging lights behind it. I am afraid it will show only "hot spots". I think a light box will truly show the beauty of the glass. Any helpful convincing comments I can use? And yes, when installed and finished, I will post a picture for all to see! And to celebrate with me that I managed to finished what I started!

Becky

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

Beautiful....Like how you did the PUB lettering....!!! Great job!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Wha Hoo! It's DONE, DONE, DONE! Congratulations on your wonderful professional work. It looks PERFECT and will obviously happily be the centerpiece for their business. I bet after years and years there it will be a collector's item for many many more. It's wonderful. On to new fun things!

Sponsored
Re-Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Pittsburgh's Custom Kitchen & Bath Designs for Everyday Living