Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

2 Year Old Leaf

flagtruck
13 years ago

I know Slow will say she doesn't believe it, but FINALLY the leaf I began in Rhinna's concrete sculpture workshop is now grouted and sealed. I will set this in place next week when I have some help to move it to the pond. This baby is HEAVY. Now, realize that I took this class and started this in 2008. Now, almost 2 1/2 yrs later it is grouted. I guess this means that I am about to get caught up on my grout backlog? Maybe? I have finished two this week. Will take pics of the other project I finished and post later. Sooooo glad this is done and out of my way. Wonders never cease...LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Finished leaf

Comments (15)

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

I commented on flickr-it is really gorgeous! Now get it out there by the pond!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

WAIT - Hold the phone. Am I seeing things? Nah - she wouldn't have. Beautiful, FLAG - gonna have to go see this puppy in action. Call me when it's installed.

• creativebutmessy
    13 years ago

Flag, this is lovely. I really enjoyed looking at the rest of your photos too. All this 3D stuff really excites me. I'm having trouble tracking down diamond lath here in Australia but I'll keep looking.
    You had some 'works in progress' amongst your photos. Do you have any 'finished' photos of these somewhere that I could have a look at please?
    Once again well done - and don't bust your kafoofoo valve shifting it!

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

That is great!!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I guess you did do a double take Slow. I knew you wouldn't believe your eyes...thanks to all of you, glad you like it. I was so sick of looking at it I had decided I didn't like it, now I've changed my mind a bit. Still not one of my favorite things, but it is growing on me.
    Creative-Tell me a few works in progress and I probably have pics of them. Mention them here or email me and I'll show all I have. Please understand that I HATE to grout because it takes me too long, I am too particular and slow. Most of my grouting is done with plastic bag made into an icing tube and piped into the cracks. Some day Speedy Slow will show me how to just get it on and get it off. I certainly haven't mastered speed, just try for too much perfection and detail. I keep trying to loosen up and not sweat the small stuff, but sure have not mastered it yet.Thanks again y'all.

• creativebutmessy
    13 years ago

Hi Flag, the works in progress that I was referring to are in your 'Totems, Glass and Ceramic area'. They are still just lathe in the photos. One has a gourd on the top and the other has a red glass bowl. I would love to see these in all their finished splendour! ... no hurry, just when you have time. Thanks, Tracy.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Here is the big leaf finally in place and pumping water. The dragonflies love this and have been landing all over it. I am SO glad to have this done.

Here is a link that might be useful: new progress

• addiesue
    13 years ago

Ooohhhhh that is beautiful! Just looking at it makes me feel peaceful and so non-confrontational...lol...my husband would like that! I would love to see a farther pic to include more of your pond! It's so serene...I love it!

Addiesue

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks Addiesue. Go back to my flickr album and look thru the photostream and you will find a lot of new pics of the pond I posted last month. Glad you like it

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Now see!!!!!! That wasn't so hard, was it? Glad to see this finally in place. Didja send Riana a note? She's always glad to see her students' work.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I found her address and sent a link to her so she csn see my flickr album. Where you beeb slow?

• rock_oak_deer
    13 years ago

That is just beautiful, the colors are amazing. It's a terrific fountain.

So glad you got it installed and shared the pics.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Had company today, and tomorrow I have to prepare for a mosaic class coming in to view my work - along w/the Gazette to take pictures of "Wild Art". I might be published again - yippe. W/mosey over to see you soon. Too hot to play outside. Tired of this heat. Mosaicing inside today.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Whose mosaic class? I didn't know there was one around here. Yeah, It's too hot for me and Jax. We both stay in a lot. I wil be out early am. Then I go to Curves to workout for an hour and then home and crash.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Sheila is bringing her class of eight. She teaches at a school - volunteer - and then teaches her own classes.

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz