Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
satellite dish

Posted by ruthinont (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 21, 12 at 10:12

I have an small satellite dish that I would love to mosaics.I don`t know where to start...I know how to mosaics and cut glass,but I have no idea of what to put on the dish .I want to put it in my yard.My mind is blank!! Thank you for any help and ideas.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: satellite dish

You could try searching "mosaic satellite" to see ideas of what other people have done with them. What kind of designs are you drawn to? Abstracts? Floral? Have you done a lot of mosaics? If you have you probably have a style that you like to do. Try searching on Flickr for mosaics and hopefully something will inspire you! We would love to see work in progress pics too!

o
RE: satellite dish

I haven't been on this site for a while but noticed your post. I did a mosaic using tile, stained glass and vitreous glass on a satellite dish a couple of years ago and it is holding up great. I adhered the tesserae with thinset. I've never posted a picture to this web site but will if you'd like to see it. I've since collected a few satellite dishes because it makes a great substrate for outdoors.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here