Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
mzclassic

summer mosaic exchange-sign up please!

mzclassic
14 years ago

Just wanted to keep this idea alive. We are having a summer exchange of anything you can mosaic with. So far we have 8 people on the list. On 8/15 I will have my friend pick names out of a hat and will send out an email giving you a name of someone to send your goodies too. We are using a medium size square flat rate box for mailing. It runs about $10.35 but if you schedule it online at the USPS website you get 50 cents off. Pack as much as you can get into the box and send it on with a note for your friend so they will know who it is from. This is going to be as lot of fun so please everyone sign up. Send me an email with your name, username, mailing address and ideas as to what you like.

Comments (41)

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

I've been so hesitant to sign up because I'm not sure about a few things. Do the mosaic goodies that we send need to be cut up into squares or sent in large pieces? Do the goodies need to be tile or glass or are other materials acceptable (such as figurines, cups, metals, etc.)? Also, what if my recipient doesn't like what I send?

• shrty411
    14 years ago

The search doesn't seem to be working, but I did find this thread on the last tesserae exchange.

Rules can vary and are generally set by the organizer, but it will give you an idea

Here is a link that might be useful: last tess exchange

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Shrty for posting that. I think everyone will agree that if it can be glued it can be used. We like variety don't we? The time for me to draw names is 8/15 and then I will email you to let you know who your sendee is. Then we will all have our boxes in the mail no later than 8/31. How does that sound? Now, I don't mind paying to send out of the US but if you do, please email me and let me know. Thanks and I hope we get a lot of people join in on this.

Donna in Florida

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Picked up my flat rate box at the post office yesterday (smile).

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

I add a little to my box every time I go downstairs....Its gonna be full soon!!!!! (_^_)

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Bump!

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've been workin on fillin my box too. Come on people, sign up! We have 11 people now and would love more. The names will be drawn on 8/15 so get your emails in to me ASAP.

Donna in Florida

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

CHINA: I figure if it can be glued it will be used @ some point in our Mosaic Lives!!! I've had pieces that I've wondered why I ever got them. But I sware with each new project they seem to get used somewhere!!!! It's kinda nice having those odd things around as they come in handy every now and then! I wouldn't worry about someone not liking what you send, we don't lack in HUMOR that I can see and I think every one will agree we're all a pretty apppreciative BUNCH! Later all>>>

• gardencrone
    14 years ago

Rats...I posted on the 2008 notice....because I wandered over there. Sorry. I would like to participate. I will post a photo of one of my projects..as I am new. Where do you want it? In this stream or somewhere else? Duh...I guess I have lots to learn. Thanks all you wonderful, creative, amazing women for the hours I have spent in the last month reading every single post I could find. Mosaics and glass on glass and totems and all!! I am hooked.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Garden: post a new thread for your work and pics....let Donna know u want in on this and again WELCOME...I answered U on the old post as well.....Love to see your stuff girl--start struttin it for us!!!!! LOL!!!!

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Donna,

go ahead and count me in, I'm for wherever.. You might want to keep a running list of who's in and who's not so we can all make sure you have our names etc.. it's kinda fun knowing who we might get tess from.. Just a suggestion.

IT's also spurs us on. LOL

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

i would like to participate, though i am still recuperating from carpal tunnel surgery and havent started playing with glass again. still have a couple weeks before therapist thinks its a good idea. will send my email asap

• rchovey
    14 years ago

Count me in. I know I haven't been very active here, been very busy of late with the domestic violence ministry. I still want to be involved and this is something I can do on a deadline! Thanks so much!
    Ramona

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Ramona and all, we are all busy this time of year. Don't feel bad that you haven't been very active. What counts is hopping in on a chance to get some different ideas of tess. I hope we can get more signed in. Since we are from all over, the variety of tess should give us all a surprise. Glad you decided to sign up. I'm looking forward to it.

Kat

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay, all you ladies who want to join in. I need you to email me with your name and mailing address, plus your username on here. I will post a list of the ones who have already emailed me when I get home tonight. This is gonna be so much fun.

Donna in Florida

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here is the list so far in the order I received emails.

1. Silvamae
    2. Chelcass
    3. Cathyscache
    4. Gibsona
    5. Katishooked
    6. Deedeeminn
    7. Flagtruk
    8. Chinatreasures (US only)
    9. Texasfern (US only)

1. Kraftkrazy
    2. Rchovey
    3. Shrty411
    4. Mzclassic

Now, if you want to join in, please send me an email and let me know. We only have less than two weeks until the drawing. Also if you don't want to ship something out of the US please let me know.

I don't want anyone to get left out, so lets all make this exchange a big one. Its fun to do and we all like surprises and opening gifts. Join in!!!

Donna in Florida

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

just a question, does anyone know the approximate cost of sending the priority mail boxes to canada or anywhere else in the world?

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I think you can go to the USPS site and get prices, depending on where you are sending. We are using a flat rate box that is medium size square and up to 70 lbs for one price. If anyone does know what it cost, please chime in.

Donna in Florida

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bumping up

• rchovey
    14 years ago

Flat rate box postal rates:
    This link will take you to the USPS page with the rates. Click on the box and the rates will come up. Hope this is helpful.

Here is a link that might be useful: postal rates

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Regretfully, I must say, please flag me as US only - - wish I could afford to ship to Canada but it's over twice as much . . .

• calinromania
    14 years ago

hehehe.... i'd love to be counted in...but it would definitely cost a lot just to ship a box over to the US.
    so... I CAN'T be part of it. sure it's fun... but i should know what I can and what I can't.
    will you be posting pics with the goodies you all get ???
    at least i will see pics of what i will have missed!
    :)

• katishooked
    14 years ago

I know all that signed want to receive tess, but I have to sign up for US shipping only. Feel bad about it, but they charge way too much.

Kat

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

i didnt realize it would cost so much. please flag me as US only too.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

We will all post pics of what we get, right ladies?

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Right, we will post pics!

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

We sure will all post photos! In fact, once I get the names drawn and we start sending out our packages, I will start a new link for photos of the exchange. Sorry that the USPS is so high outside of the US. We only have one lady who is in Alaska that has signed up, so I will see what she wants to do. No wonder the posts offices are closing up. They are closing 6 locations here where I live. Oh well.

Donna in Florida

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

US Only for me too please......my box is dang near full!!

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Mine is almost ready to go too! Can't wait to draw names and send out the emails so we can get them in the mail. What fun!!!

Donna in Florida

• theblueswan
    14 years ago

This is interesting... so, you fill up the box with mirror;china; pottery ect ? and then recieve one from someone else... Let me go look at the box and see if I have enough stuff to fill one up with since it's rather late to sign up! If I think I can fill one appropriately then I'll do it!

Kim

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

The Flat Rate Box is the same price for me. That's what's so nice about it!!! I try when I send something or something is sent to me to use theses boxes. Thay can really save on shipping for me here in Alaska. Sometimes I won't order from a site who doesn't use them just because shipping ends up more than the items I'm ordering!!!! Later

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

So glad to hear the rate is the same for you cathyscache! You are the only person so far who was out of the contintal US so, so far we have no problems on shipping out of the US. I'm gettin really excited!!!

Donna in FLorida

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Bumping

• kraftkrazy
    14 years ago

got my box full, ready to address and mail

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Got mine thurs and is 97% ready to close up. Maybe it's because we're all kids at heart. I have participated in a few exchanges and have not yet been disappointed. I know I am excited to see what kind of different tess's are coming my way. Counting down. Seven days.

Kat

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Oh dear, I had better get going on this!

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

My box is almost full too. I think we are all like little kids when it comes to receiving gifts. Counting down!!!

• chinatreasures
    14 years ago

OMG just 5 more days!!! I do have my box - guess I better get out in my shop and do a thorough search!

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Time is getting close ladies! I will have a friend draw names on Saturday 8/15 in the morning and will have all the emails out to you all by Saturday evening. Then all we have to do is address our boxes and get them in the mail. Remember that if you pay and print your priority postage online you get a discount.

• silvamae
    14 years ago

I just packed my box tonight (Thursday night). Wow, it is so heavy I can hardly lift it! Woo-hoo, so exciting!!!

• mzclassic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Okay Ladies...I just sent out the emails to you all. So now its time to finish loading those boxes and get them in the mail. I will start a new post in a couple of days so you can all add your photos when the surprises arrive. This has been so much fun and the anticipation is killing us all I know. So get busy now....

Donna in Florida

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz