Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Help! Newbie Ballchain

Posted by KathyC55 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 22, 14 at 7:55

Hi everyone new here!
I want to incorporate ball chain into my glass on glass designs specially to outline Large Initials. What is a good size ball chain to purchase?
It will be for indoor use. I also would like to know what material it should be made of . I would like to get a silver and a gold chain

Example of my work be kind im new to this

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Help! Newbie Ballchain

I've just started experimenting with ball chain in my mosaics and am madly in love. I bought 4mm ball chain in a spool from Rings & Things. That seems to be the right height for the glass. It comes in about 4 different finishes, though not all finishes are the same price.

I buy all my jewelry findings here. Had shopped around the internet quite a bit and found their price competitive.

Here is a link that might be useful: Rings N Things

o

That's a beautiful piece.

Love those flowers.

o

Welcome, Kathy. Beautiful work. Thanks, Loribee for the link for ball chain. I intend to use it more in my work in the future. I saw something at a kitchen store that I wanted for mosaic: pie weights! However, one string of pie weight was $12. I will watch for it at garage sales.

o

Thanks for the tip Loribee, and for the compliments Silvamae and Broken bit Mosaics.

o

Gorgeous piece!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here