Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

Another one finished

flagtruck
15 years ago

Here's my second set of cinderblock plant stands. This one is 2 large and one half block high. I will have to find a really level place for it. On the turquoise and tangerine side I still have to glue in the sisal rope I painted for the stem.

I have been grouting a little each day on edgers, plant stands and other things. I hate it but my workspace is clearing out a little bit.

Comments (12)

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

you guys go to my other post Oops,,,or I will also insert a link here...just like me to screw up. LOL

Here is a link that might be useful: Plant stand

• barbfrizzell1955
    15 years ago

Wow, I really love how this one came out!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Saw this in person, and it's WONDERFUL. Love the idea of the rope.

• crafty777
    15 years ago

Do you make these in the spot you want them? Or are you able to move them around? Im taking it they are connected together. But they are wonderful! You really do a nice job.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Crafty- I make these on my outside worktable. I work on three turntables one for each block/ I work on each side on all three. Sometimes I stack them on the worktable to draw the design on them in chalk. I do all my tiles with thinset and then grout each one individually and seal, then I stack them. I will be moving this set somewhere in the yard or on the patio today. I do not stick them together as I couldn't move them. I do good to move one at a time.
    Thanks to all for the compliments.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

I am so going to do some of these!
    Wow, you have done it again Flag.
    I really like the continuous pattern.

• maddy58
    15 years ago

This is really striking. What are your tesserae? Ceramic tiles?

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Hmmmm, thought I commented here already...These are are just too cool! You keep getting better and better and more creative at these....I love the rope idea for the stem!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I always learn so much from you, Flag! I love the look of that round piece done with the footers (that I normally would have thrown away), and the use of curved pieces shows how easily they are incorporated and makes one more confident that they can be used. I really really like this piece. I am a bird and flower enthusiast, and I find this plant stand quite wonderful!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Maddy - the tess I am using is broken pots and plates. I am really using up scraps.
    Gail - I love using the footers as they add such dimension. I never throw them away, they are great to use on the edgers I am doing and I have used a bunch of the Fiesta footers on the plaster pillar I am working on.
    Thanks to all of you for your praise...I appreciate it.

Here is a link that might be useful: plaster pillar

• trancegemini_wa
    15 years ago

Flag this is really gorgeous, and so clever! I love the vine climbing up between the blocks. any chance of a photo where they will end up? I love seeing pics of projects in their final spot.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, that's be nice, FLAG - what TRANCE said - show us when you get it set in place.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor