Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Palm Tree WIP

Posted by katishooked (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 21, 08 at 6:55

I'm liking this so far. Hope Son and DIL like it. If not it will look good in my garden. Am thinking grouting will be a bugger, but if I take my time and not hurry to see results (which I'm always in a hurry to see a piece grouted) I think I can clean curves and crvices to my satisfaction.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Palm Tree WIP

Ooooooooooooh - now I get it. THAT's the trunk. I couldn't visualize the shape, and thought you'd put it on a "stem" like the mushrooms. I SEE. Gonna be darlin. Flat surfaces are easy, easy to grout.

o
Palm Tree WIP

i wasn't seeing it correct myself, i was seeing a casper the ghost, but then i tilted my head and saw that the tree was sideways and it is lookin good.what color grout are you using? those would be cute lining a flower bed, if you had a whole bunch of them. you could stand them up.
bonnie

o

Yea, it's turning out great!! I went to GW yesterday, but didn't find any plastic party molds...seems like there were a million of them last week! Go figure.

o
Palm Tree WIP

usually a lot of those party trays at the $ store

o

Slow I never thot about mosaicing the flat side. Duh. The flat side is down. I'm mosaicing the rounded, curvy wurvy side. I'm not sure if it was laying down if it would work. But it is a thot. Thanks. I do believe I will use black grout. I like the way it makes thins look.

Kathy

o

KAT - we're definitely not on the same page in the discussion of your darlin' palm. I meant since your surface isn't 3-D, it w/be so easy to grout.

o

Lookin' Good!!! Don't worry bout groutin that puppy, you'll do fine!!! I can see a bigger version of this..say on a wall plaque, with a monkey hanging off it! Too cute! heh heh! Such a good idea bout the party trays, Klinger does that too!!!

o

oh that's so pretty! great job kati!

o

That is really cute. Looks like you used van gogh glass on the trunk. Really nice job!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here