Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Deck Mosaic Finished

Posted by moosaics_cher (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 3, 10 at 3:42

Hi All
I thought I'd share a project I did at my vacation place last month. This is the backside of a deck rail - the top and front were done 2 years ago, I just never got to the backside. I used Indian pottery and flint rock. It's amazing that you can just pick worked Indian rock off the ground in the south. I get so inspired in the South and hope to move there someday soon.

Anyways, this was done on cement board then attached to the railing. It was a 2 day project so forgive the quickie design.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Deck Mosaic Finished

This is really lovely. The rich natural colours are beautiful and the pieces are extra special because of their history. Well done.

o

G'morning MOO. Hey, the quickie design is wonderful - so natural and so appropriate for your vacation spot. Where in the south do you plan to move? I have visited your website in the past several times - wonderful mosaics. Glad to have you post here.

o

I LOVE Quickie Projects!!! And Thanks for sharing!!! Like Slow said, Glad to have You here!!!! Instant gratification is always great!!! heh heh! My friend Klinger takes projects with her when she is camping, to have fun with, I think there is nuthin' better than a nice relaxing vacation where you have time to create art!!!heh heh!

o

Cool project you have there... I always take stuff to mosaic when I go camping...this weekend is the only time I had stuff to mosaic and actually did not mosaic all weekend...

o

What a great idea! Good job.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here