Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klinger_gw

Janie-Bo's new friend

klinger
14 years ago

You may remember I made a concrete Janie bo bust. She looked so lonely I finally got around to making her a new bff. Her name is Mandy.I will grout her on Wed, or Thurs, probably charcoal grout.Here's "Mandy"

Comments (28)

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

LOL, I can't wait to see them oooooohhing together soon!

• charmo
    14 years ago

Mandy loos wonderful and she looks like she may have seen something really interesting...like a John Bo!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Well if you don't beat all. You stay silent, then blow us away w/another finished project. She's DARLIN'. Your flowers along the wall are wonderful. If I ever get through w/the present project, I'm gonna try some small solid concrete work. Every time I see something you've made, I get inspired to do one. Beautiful work, KLINGER.

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Well, I'm glad Janie-Bo has a friend of like mind! They'll have a grand time together in your garden. Wow, those flowers are already beautiful on that wall too. How fun to see another fun "friend" out there.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

They both look like they've been sitting at the beach in PV Mexico, at the Casa Corazon!!!heh heh heh!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Your Mandy-bo will look dandy w/Janie-Bo....Too darn cute she is!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

CALAM: Six months from yesterday is when I'm leaving. Yaaah - I'm past the six month mark.

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

Klinger, wow, just love Mandy!! Great job, I just started playing with concrete and making some mushrooms and realized how I could never make such a cool carving. How long do you wait after the pour to start carving??

Wanna hear how you make her look so adorable. Love her outfit too. Sassy lady. And can't wait to see Janey Bo and Mandy together.!!

You'll have to make some place for them to hang out, and then make a few margaritas for them too!!!

You go girl!!

• texasfern
    14 years ago

How wonderful! I will keep a close eye on the instructions.
    With all the kids leaving very soon, I might could try something like this. Yeah right!
    I love her!

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

Yes she is great!!!!

• klinger
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi , glad you all like Janie's new friend. I usually wait around 3-6 hours after pouring to start carving. depends on how hot it is outside. I wait for it to be about the consistency of cheddar cheese. Then you have a hour or two of carving easily before it gets fairly hard.I think the round little eyes and mouth give them fun expressions.
    Here's some pics

Mandy's grouted with black grout now,

Mandy and Janie on the steps in my back yard,

Another shot of the two of them showing more of the raised flower bed. The bed was just done this spring when the studio was started, I'm pleased with all the color in it.
    {{gwi:70549}}
    There is a lot of nudity in my yard, it's possible Mandy and Janie saw this little hussy sunning her self in the flower bed near them, she looks surprized to see them to lol.I will not tell you who modelled for this one.

Something different, a glass on glass I did several years ago. I never had a great place to hang it and just had this railing and arbor done on my deck, so up it went. Looks great with the sun shining through
    Cindy

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

LOVE all the Eye candy!!! Love that new arbor!!! Lovely wat to enjoy that great GOG!!!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh well that explains the OOOOOOHHHHHH they sprouting on those cute little lips!!! You set them beside a little hussie!!!! OOOHHHH tooo damn CUTE!!!! LOLOLOLOOL!!!! She's cute as they come, no clothes and ALL!!!!!
    I just Showed my grandson and he laughed til tears sprouted!!!! He also said OOOHHHHOOOHHHH!!! Just like your little people!!!!!!LOLOLOLOL!!!! (I sware his lips looked- puckered just the same)!!!!! Oh lordy tears are a flowin!!!!!!!!!! That was a good laugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

KLINGER: I so love these pictures. Makes me want to pay you/CALAM a visit, sit under that arbor and have a blast. All your plants are wonderful - such variety in your foliage. I remember the little hussie. Now tell us what you used as a mold for her. You used a garbage can for the other two, but this one is huge. Your sculpturing talent is to be envied. Wish I could do that.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

DON'T MAKE US BEG YOU SLOW!!!!!

• klinger
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Slow, we would love to see you here. Just a bigger garbage can for a mold, and I bet you could do an awesome job making a sculpture, you have oodles of talent.
    Cindy

• texaswild
    14 years ago

One of these days when I don't have a lifetime of projects lined up, or if I could find a time to leave the gardening - watering in summer where sprinklers don't or, or, or, I'll check air fares. Re the sculpting, suppose I could start w/a baby's beach pail, and try something small, huh? Hey - that gives me an idea. I've been trying to come up w/some finials for each side of the top piece and perhapd the fountain face - where there's room, and I could try this method to carve some ornamentals. How about that for inspiration from you, girlie? Think I'll get out there tomorrow morn, and pour some crete. Now I've forgotten what you used. I have six bags of mortar mix in the Jeep - I can use some of that. Thanks.

• PantherFL
    14 years ago

I love your "girls", they're so fun.

When you mix your mud, do you mix it regular strength, or more sand or cement than usual? I'm wanting to try a fairy door, so they have a way out of the trees;)

• klinger
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I've done fairy doors, they're fun. Three parts sand to one part portland will work well,
    Cindy

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

I am so excited that we brought you out of your little studio enuf to talk with us and show and tell. I love all you have done to your yard. It looks scrumpious. Those concrete retaining walls are just begging to be covered. You could get your mesh and do the main part of them in your new studio this winter and adhere next spring. I have designs going round in my head about them. If Slow comes up there I am going to get in one of her suitcases and tag along. Too much fun to be had. BUT I thought you 2 were coming to Texas? Hurry up and come down here...we have a lot waiting for you. Including Slow's fab new fountain.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Oh this is just tooo good!
    I love it all! I would be envious, but I have decided to accept my meager yard and projects as they are.
    Yeah right.
    Keep me in the loop with this visiting Texas thing, I would love to try to catch up with ladies!

• PantherFL
    14 years ago

Thanks Cindy, I'm making one right now from clay, but painting it with glazes, thought that a cement one would be fun to cover in pretty glass.

Eileen

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

Hey Cindy! I love the ladies! They are all too cute! I have been out of the loop for a while. Did you get your studio finished? This is the first time I have seen Janie Bo with her clothes on. I really love the glass on glass that you hung in your arbor! It is beautiful with the sun coming through...It gives me an idea for the porch that I am going to add to my studio. You are such an inspiration. ( Would love to see what you did with the inside of your studio)

~Micki~

• charmo
    14 years ago

Cindy, your ladies look beautiful, are you going to mosaic the other one as well? Your yard is amazing, would love to see it in person.

• klinger
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi every one. I just got back from a holiday, and I went to see the Glass museum and toured spectrum stained glass factory.The glass museum is wonderful I'll post some pics later. My studio is still not done, aaaaauuuuuuughghghghghgh, About three weeks ago we decided to hire some one to finish it, get the dry wall and painting done, he showed up, put on the dry wall and disapeared. He has since managed to come back about once a week to do mudding and taping, I am not happy about this, we could have done it at that pace ourselves. Paint and primer are purchased and ready to go, got lots of wood to use for work areas, we're waiting on the slow poke.
    I had signed up to be on the local studio tour too and have been missing out . Oh well on a happy note all the studio tour participants met for a bbq and were to bring a piece of art. My sculptures are a bit heavy so I grabbed a little gog window and one of the other artists bought it. Made me feel good.
    The nekkid gal is going to stay nekkid, there are several nekkid folk lounging around in my yard, Janie is just lucky I didn't do a nekkid one of her ha.She's kinda shy so I took pity on her.
    I don't think there will be any Texas trip this year, our economy is slow, business where I work is really down, which means my income is down too, Janie quit her job so her income is down even more.
    My stairs and that wall will be decorated. I really need a proper work area to tackle it though.
    I have been working on another sculpture and soon will be ready to start the mosaicing part I hope,
    Cindy

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Oh YOU have been holding out on us!!!!lol! Pics...Don't make us beg!!! I'm sooo Jellass of you going to Seattle...without ME!!! Ya, I'd be Crackin' the Whip on that boy...git that paintin' done boy!!! There is a new Craft Fair every sunday here where I live, and the tables are only $10 each, so I'm thinking of getting some stuff together. I'm thinkin' mostly small stained glass stuff and smaller garden art/mosaics. People around here don't like to spend too much, but when I was there I bought this birdhouse for $20( the guy who made it was tickled to sell something!It was his first time trying to do this!)

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:180434}}

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Well I can see you dolling up that bird, girlie. Cute as he is, but now what? Get to the chair, Jane!!!

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

You have a wonderland up there Cindi!! And JaneyBo with her friend are so adorable all dolled up.

Can't wait to see you finished studio area and grounds

Sponsored
KP Designs Group
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars50 Reviews
Franklin County's Unique and Creative Residential Interior Design Firm