Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Concrete Stain - I love this stuff!

Posted by loribee2 (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 17, 12 at 0:37

I don't know if they let us do this here, but I'm not a dealer trying to profit from this post, so here goes.

I've discovered LastiSeal color stain and sealer. It's a water based concrete stain that comes out looking like an acid wash without the acid. But it's also a sealer too. I e-mailed the company and asked if it could be used to seal and color grout. They said yes, just make sure to wipe it from the tiles before it dries. Lo and behold, I gave it a try and I'm in love!

They've got an array of awesome colors. I've purchased about 6 of them in the sample bottle size, which is a decent amount for a crafter. It will last me a while. I stained the base of a concrete table I made a couple years ago. It's lasted two winters and still looks just as good as the day I made it (though I'm in California, so I don't get really harsh weather).

Anyway, I wanted to share, because I'm having so much fun with it. I made this concrete mushroom the other day. Instead of priming and painting the stem like I was doing before, I brushed some stain/sealer on. Here's how the forest green looks with just one coat. The more coats you put on, the darker it gets. (I didn't stain the grout on this one, I just used their clear sealer and left it gray).

IMG_3499

Has anyone heard of this product before? I love the idea of staining my grout instead of having to buy colored grout. It comes out looking very natural too.

Here is a link that might be useful: RadonSeal Site

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Concrete Stain - I love this stuff!

Nice to know - gonna put them in my favs, LORI: I've used water-based stains, but only the charcoal and terra cotta that Lowes sells. I love it. I have used it both ways - in the mortar or grout, or after the piece is finished - my front fountain as an example. I find it's best for me to put it in my mortar. I'm getting ready to do that when I start my next project - push/sqush method of mosaicing. It w/be nice to have other colors from which to choose. Thanks for sharing.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here