Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loribee2

Concrete Stain - I love this stuff!

loribee2
11 years ago

I don't know if they let us do this here, but I'm not a dealer trying to profit from this post, so here goes.

I've discovered LastiSeal color stain and sealer. It's a water based concrete stain that comes out looking like an acid wash without the acid. But it's also a sealer too. I e-mailed the company and asked if it could be used to seal and color grout. They said yes, just make sure to wipe it from the tiles before it dries. Lo and behold, I gave it a try and I'm in love!

They've got an array of awesome colors. I've purchased about 6 of them in the sample bottle size, which is a decent amount for a crafter. It will last me a while. I stained the base of a concrete table I made a couple years ago. It's lasted two winters and still looks just as good as the day I made it (though I'm in California, so I don't get really harsh weather).

Anyway, I wanted to share, because I'm having so much fun with it. I made this concrete mushroom the other day. Instead of priming and painting the stem like I was doing before, I brushed some stain/sealer on. Here's how the forest green looks with just one coat. The more coats you put on, the darker it gets. (I didn't stain the grout on this one, I just used their clear sealer and left it gray).

Has anyone heard of this product before? I love the idea of staining my grout instead of having to buy colored grout. It comes out looking very natural too.

Here is a link that might be useful: RadonSeal Site

Comment (1)