Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Where can I buy the 'glass' for my kitchen glass cabinet doors???

Posted by mcook (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 11, 06 at 0:36

Does anyone have a suggestion or referral where I can buy the glass for my kitchen glass cabinet doors (two of them)?
Homedepot? Lowes?
My contractor told me it's cheaper to buy it else where (instead from where they ordered the cabinet doors).

We are looking for 'rice-paper' effect glass.

Thanks!

p.s. we live in S. California

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Where can I buy the 'glass' for my kitchen glass cabinet door

Is there a forum on this board where you didn't ask this question? I hope you find your answer.

o

I think this is the correct forum as something more than plain ole window glass is required.
Look up a local studio/glasser at the Spectrum site and check your yellow pages.
A local window/auto glass company will be able to offer you some finishes and I think you're asking about sand blasted or glue chip glass.

Here is a link that might be useful: http://spectrumglass.com/DealerFinder/FindARetailer.asp

o

gosh, linlee......you aren't being very nice to mcook.

Mcook, I would just go to a local stained glass shop. They should have lots of choices and they will cut it to your measurements. It will probably be cheaper than buying on- line...shipping charges and all. Plus, you will be able to see the glass up front. I buy big sheets of glass online at times but nothing beats actually seeing the glass. Each batch looks very different. Hope this helps you!

o

Thanks everyone for your help...

yvonne_tpi, thanks for your web link to spectrumglass.com

mangomo, thanks for your tips, I did call a local glass & mirrow shop today.

As y'all can tell, this is my first time remodeling.... kind of nerve-racking!!! =)

o

mcook,
I apologize for sounding snarky. I really
meant it when I said that I hope you find your glass.

Linlee

o

You're welcome, nice to see someone come back with input!
Good Luck.

o

This is probably too late to help but I just went through the same thing. My contractor's glass guy quoted $560 for 9 12" high doors with clear safety glass and 2 24" doors, with white laminate safety glass. I thought that was outrageous so did my own research. My local hardware store owner was willing to do it for $300. In the end I used an actual glass store less than a mile from home and paid $275 for a really great, professional job. The glass was installed with silicone instead of the unsightly clip/screw system.

o

In researching this is what I have found... How did yours turn out...

Here is a link that might be useful: Bendheim Cabinet Glass

o

There is a great company in S. Cali called Ambrosia Glassworks. You can see tons of designs in their catalog available online at http://www.ambrosiaglassworks.com . They have a showroom and samples of all types of decorate stained glass kitchen cabinet door glass inserts.

Here is a link that might be useful: Ambrosia Glassworks Stained Glass Company

o

Retiree wishes to buy a piece of window glass for my kitchen window, zip is 07726 Englishtown, NJ Thank you in advance for your help. Sincerely, Bill Lowery, retired

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here