Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Outdoor project - I need help

Posted by Marietjie (My Page) on
Sat, Jul 9, 11 at 0:21

GoodDay - I want to start an outdoor project but cannot find ThinsetMortar in our city.(PE,South Africa)
Is it the same as 'ReadyMix cement (cement & sand)?
My plan is to mix this readymix cement with bonding liquid.
Will this do as an adhesive?
Thanking you

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Outdoor project - I need help

If that's all that's available, then you have to make do w/what you have. You can add the bonding liquid - I'd say 1/2 or 3/4 the liquid that you use to mix. You can also make your own by using fine sand and cement plus the bonding liquid. If your ready mix has large aggregate, be sure and sift it to get as many of the large rocks out as possible.

o
RE: Outdoor project - I need help

slowmedown - thank you very much for your reply.
I will try it on a small Nutec board before I tackle my big fish/mirror panel. I got a nice tip on Internet - you put the adhesive in a zip-lock plastic bag, seal it and cut open one of the corners (opposite the zip) - just like icing a cake! Will definitely try this. Thanks again and enjoy the rest of the weekend!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here