Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
tulip vase

Posted by nicethyme (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 19, 13 at 23:44

I've been thinking this one crazy glass I had would make cool parrot tulips,,, I don't know what the background should be yet

parrot tulip vase

parrot tulip vase

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: tulip vase

That is going to be stunning! I vote for pale blue or pale yellow for the background.

o

LOVE LOVE LOVE the glass you chose for the flowers. I think a clear glue chip glass or other clear texture (ie, rain drop like) would be stunning! Did you free hand your flowers?

o

Will you be grouting? If so, what is your preferred grout please :)

o

I'm contemplating a texture,,, i have a textured amber, or maybe that icy glass. OR maybe TG would be best.

yes I will grout in a charcoal... brand is what ever I have lol but no not epoxy grout - too expensive for my blood

o

I like it just like it is. Very pretty.

o

:) thanks

I decided on a pale blue translucent

o

Phoenix, sorry I missed your 1st question. Yes I just free handed these (and it shows) I should have at least drawn out a cartoon to follow

o

hey I finally found a use for the gawdawful tiny tiles! lol

tulip vase WIP

now when the glue clears.....

o

I can't quite tell what the background is. Great way to cover up a plane vase, AND to get rid of the teensy tiles. The corners are difficult to treat. Leave it to you to figure out a way. Turns into a very pretty vase.

o

Work. Of. Art.

o

Done done done! yeah

parrot tulip vase

o

That is just wonderful! Love the colors.

o

Beautiful! Love every side.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here