Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I'm on a roll!

Posted by loribee2 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 13, 11 at 23:13

The first butterfly is done!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Next up, a psychedelic mushroom that I plan to give to my brother and SIL as a gift when we go to their cabin in July. I'll have to get moving on that, as I'm not as fast as SLOW when it comes to this stuff! LOL

Then I will get back to Mr. Sea, who has been patiently sitting in my workshop while I tend to other things. He's a very patient sea serpent!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I'm on a roll!

How very beautiful. Your work is so so so neat. Yep - you're a real perfectionist. I WANT ONE. I'm think CALAMITY and I can make one while she's here. I still have a rebar stake to cover on the wall, and that's what I plan to make to cover it. You did a fabulous job on this, girlie. You're GOOD.

o

Thanks, SLOW. Coming from you, that's a very flattering compliment!

In case anyone is interested, I'd created step-by-step instructions on how to make the butterflies. They are on my blog linked below. You may have to scroll down a couple posts to find them. I'd had someone ask, so I thought it would be fun to create a tutorial. Plus, it gave me an excuse to make one more! :-D

Here is a link that might be useful: Loribees Garden Blog

o

They are beautiful! The colors and the design is very appealing. Gotta check out that tutorial. Might be something I want to try

o

That turned out really nice, very pretty. And you were concerned about it not working out. It's so hard to see objectively in the middle of a project.

o

Those turned out great !!! I want to do one also but right now I am cleaning my very messy studio .ugh!!!

o

Your butterfly is amazing! thank you for the excellent tutorial.
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here