Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Stained glass

Posted by fldirt (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 14, 10 at 23:06

This is a 3D whimsy that I did on Saturday. I had to cut, grind, foil & tin the glass them soldered everything together. It took all day but was fun. The bottom is open with nuggets & the glass on the left side isn't soldered. hope I can post the pictures. I am new to photobucket. Wish me luck!

Here is a link that might be useful: photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Stained glass

It worked! and it is darling. What fun.

o

OMG I LOVE IT!!! WOW! Is that zinc on the sides...how cool!!! I sooo wanna play with some stained glass ideas and I was thinking of something like this for a lamp pc, I have a square base(wooden) for a project. Great job you did!

o

One day ONLY???? Lot of work, it appears, and well worth it. Lovely garden art. Don't know how you accomplished it in only one day.

o

What an inspiration you are! That is beautiful. I would never be able to accomplish that in one month much less one day. I really love the piece and admire your excellent work on that...

o

That is gorgeous!! What a great design ~ did that just pop out of your head? Can you tell how big it is?

o

It is about 18 in across & about 30 in long. I did have all the glass cut & foiled & the nuggets foiled before I began. No I did not think it up. One of our local stained glass shops does workshops & I take them. Dolly is so creative & I usually take a couple a year from her...vintage window, stained glass garden totem & my mosaic BB fountain.
We just finished adding on to our screen room & I am going to hang it beside the door as you come in. Thanks.

o

That is gorgeous! I have been thinking about doing something similar for my garden. I love your design and am also amazed that you got it done in one day. I was also wondering if you used zinc came for the sides.

o

Impressive...as are its surroundings. Beautiful and creative addition! Well done.

Here is a link that might be useful: moosaics.com

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here