Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Check out my LEGS!!

Posted by emtnest (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 4, 09 at 22:43

Got these babies from our Gottschalks which is closing its' doors, for $5 ea!!! They have woman torsos for $60 and full on MEN for $100!!!! All I got was legs...my daughter wants them there legs....I am going to mosaic them when I finish grouting my airplane part planters...you know how people put them upside down in the garden... well look out...hubby suggested putting solar lights in the top of them...
Photobucket
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Check out my LEGS!!

Hey Emtnest...these are SO COOL! I've never seen this done before so plz be sure to post pics when you get it done. I can't wait to see them finished!

Addiesue

o

cool idea. was wondering though. are they heavy enough to support the mosaic pieces?
as i see they are hollow plastic. are you going to fill them up with concrete or something to make them more solid and heavy?
i have to start looking for things like that... that i could also mosaic :)

o

I could fill them up, but don't think I need to. They have heavy magnets in the foot and the plastic is pretty hard. It's not bendable at all.

o

Hey emtnest, Great minds think alike I guess. The Gottschalks here has them for sale too but a few weeks ago they were still way more then 5.oo I'm so glad I saw this it reminded me to go check again. Hopefully they have lowered the price. I'm going to town tomorrow and I will have to stop by. Great idea with the lights. My husband already thinks I'm nuts, he may have me committed if I come home with body parts!! LOL

o

Hey, EMT - pretty cute. I spray painted mine gold, put gold shoes and anklets, and put them upside down in a flowerbed just inside my back gate. I have the arms that came off the mannequin, and so far, can't think what to do w/them. I could fashion a lamp, I suppose, but it's so far down the list, I'll probably never get to it. We'll be watching you closely, so in the words of KAT, I think, "don't dawdle.

o

OH YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!!! Nice Gams!!!lol! hee hee! I saw on the Garden Junk forum, someone has theirs sticking upside down in a toilet in their yard! Too funny! Good score on the legs!!! Oh Ya! We're havin' fun now!!!!

o

I love your legs...very sexy...Take a look at Slow's before you do anything, hers are so neat. Good luck with them I can't wait to see them finished.

o

Slow...show us your legs Girlie!!! Oh...and the ones you have in your yard too.!!lol!

o

These are great!
What fun you're going to have with them! :)
Love the pictures!!!
Katie

o

OK, Slow, where are your pics of your legs? Gotta see them!!!

o

Soon as daylight comes, I'll go out and take a picture. I'm sure they're in an album somewhere, but don't remember.

o
RE: Check out my LEGS!! - and

I took a photo at daybreak - rather darkish, and also an update on how the toidy looks w/the Hosta I planted last fall. These two photos are in a new album I created - Garden Junk. I'll be transferring other pics to it in time. Don't think I should post a picture to your thread - - the subject police w/get me.

o

Love your legs gal. The solar lights are a good idea. Could also do a plant holder using either a round or sguare top. Either way, I think you got a deal.

o

Slow those legs of yours are too much!!!That's the same idea of what I want to do, but with mosaic on them...very cute!

o

OK EMT: That does it!!! You've inspired me to mosaic the arms and put them outside. Soon as I find a stopping place.

o

LOL I can't wait to see this EMT!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here