Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
emtnest

Check out my LEGS!!

emtnest
14 years ago

Got these babies from our Gottschalks which is closing its' doors, for $5 ea!!! They have woman torsos for $60 and full on MEN for $100!!!! All I got was legs...my daughter wants them there legs....I am going to mosaic them when I finish grouting my airplane part planters...you know how people put them upside down in the garden... well look out...hubby suggested putting solar lights in the top of them...

Comments (16)

• addiesue
    14 years ago

Hey Emtnest...these are SO COOL! I've never seen this done before so plz be sure to post pics when you get it done. I can't wait to see them finished!

Addiesue

• calinromania
    14 years ago

cool idea. was wondering though. are they heavy enough to support the mosaic pieces?
    as i see they are hollow plastic. are you going to fill them up with concrete or something to make them more solid and heavy?
    i have to start looking for things like that... that i could also mosaic :)

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I could fill them up, but don't think I need to. They have heavy magnets in the foot and the plastic is pretty hard. It's not bendable at all.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Hey emtnest, Great minds think alike I guess. The Gottschalks here has them for sale too but a few weeks ago they were still way more then 5.oo I'm so glad I saw this it reminded me to go check again. Hopefully they have lowered the price. I'm going to town tomorrow and I will have to stop by. Great idea with the lights. My husband already thinks I'm nuts, he may have me committed if I come home with body parts!! LOL

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Hey, EMT - pretty cute. I spray painted mine gold, put gold shoes and anklets, and put them upside down in a flowerbed just inside my back gate. I have the arms that came off the mannequin, and so far, can't think what to do w/them. I could fashion a lamp, I suppose, but it's so far down the list, I'll probably never get to it. We'll be watching you closely, so in the words of KAT, I think, "don't dawdle.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

OH YOU ARE TOO FUNNY!!! Nice Gams!!!lol! hee hee! I saw on the Garden Junk forum, someone has theirs sticking upside down in a toilet in their yard! Too funny! Good score on the legs!!! Oh Ya! We're havin' fun now!!!!

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

I love your legs...very sexy...Take a look at Slow's before you do anything, hers are so neat. Good luck with them I can't wait to see them finished.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Slow...show us your legs Girlie!!! Oh...and the ones you have in your yard too.!!lol!

• fiddlekate
    14 years ago

These are great!
    What fun you're going to have with them! :)
    Love the pictures!!!
    Katie

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OK, Slow, where are your pics of your legs? Gotta see them!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Soon as daylight comes, I'll go out and take a picture. I'm sure they're in an album somewhere, but don't remember.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I took a photo at daybreak - rather darkish, and also an update on how the toidy looks w/the Hosta I planted last fall. These two photos are in a new album I created - Garden Junk. I'll be transferring other pics to it in time. Don't think I should post a picture to your thread - - the subject police w/get me.

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Love your legs gal. The solar lights are a good idea. Could also do a plant holder using either a round or sguare top. Either way, I think you got a deal.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Slow those legs of yours are too much!!!That's the same idea of what I want to do, but with mosaic on them...very cute!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OK EMT: That does it!!! You've inspired me to mosaic the arms and put them outside. Soon as I find a stopping place.

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

LOL I can't wait to see this EMT!