Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
aka_strawberrygoat

this will be the inspiration for......

aka_strawberrygoat
13 years ago

maybe glass on glass, or on wood or I just haven't decided what it should go onto..

but I did it in a class at the senior center today.

man, I was just satisfied I actually got something done..now I need to go on with it, to make something in stained glass.

I'm such a procrastinator....it's pen and ink, finished with diluted water colors~

{{!gwi}}

Comments (9)

• fldirt
    13 years ago

Wow! That will be awesome anyway you do it. Can't wait to see what you decide.

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Frame it, sit back and enjoy a beautiful work of art for a little while, then get to work, girlie, on another project. You are very talented. I'm surprised you procrastinate w/this much talent. W/love to see you mosaic something. It's been such a long time.

• aka_strawberrygoat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

I'm taking Slo's advice..gonna frame it, and hang it.
    I did a second drawing the next day..
    it's also a possibility for a mosaic. I have a little bit left to finish on it yet.
    I have a number of old wood frame windows, so that's what I would for sure use for any glass on glass.

and that Habitat 4 Humanity store always has the best windows..most for around $3, for the size I like..
    I have two in storage that have the neatest moss growing on the frame.
    it's dried now, so more like the Spanish Moss in Michael's craft store..which is a good thing.
    I'm thrilled that I've at least accomplished two drawings with color..

{{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    13 years ago

OHMYGOSH, GIRLIE!!!!!!!! You've done it again. By all means, put this on GOG. This is soooooo striking. Start TODAY.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Very Nice! Either one would look great as a GOG!
    Welcome Tedi!!! A GOG is a bunch of colored glass(usually stained glass or those half marbles) glued to an old window, using a clear silicone such as GE11 silicone for doors and windows, to adhere it then it is grouted, then the grout is sealed, and it can be for indoor or outdoor. I have also done this to mirrors and it gives a nice reflective quality to the peice!

• aka_strawberrygoat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

one quick question...
    when the adhesive is used on each individual piece, are you careful to get the entire back surface covered with the glue, so there's no chance of it having dead space, for moisture to seep in?

I would guess that would be the case but I don't want to go over all the istructions now, to find the answer..
    it's a beautiful day outside and I'm headed out to find a nice wood frame window from my stash...
    I've gotta clean it up, lightly sand it, if necessary and guess I should seal the wood right away.

for all the GOG's I've seen, I always admire them but haven't needed to know the details, until just now.
    the cross will be the first one.

I have a carport/canopy that I've been toying with the idea of using it for my outside work area.
    today, I decided it's got enough free room in it, to pull out a table from inside the house, cover it and start to use it for my project.
    I have the supplies...and the weather is beginning to cooperate and I feel very motivated to just jump in.

with a covered area, for both/either rain or sunshine, what better way to get on with life.

side note..I scored two and a half gallons of interior latex egg shell paint, at the H4H store just a bit ago.
    it's for the bathroom....
    there is this stash of 4"x4" tiles that I do believe that it would be cool to have Kalani and Jayden (9 and 6 year old grandsons) to paint and use for a panel or frame for mirror in the bathroom.
    most likely acrylic paint, not going to go the route of porcelain paint and need to have them fired.
    that's another year~~

it would take only an afternoon or two to do several tiles.
    and I know for sure they're going to want to mosaic on tiles, too..
    the 6 year old has given me more hugs this summer than any other time, since he's been born..I've been keeping them busy, since school's been out on the 17th...

it's great how kids bring breath and life to an aging gramma! I've felt so un-needed for so long now.
    ...just love those boys....

• aka_strawberrygoat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

one quick question...
    when the adhesive is used on each individual piece, are you careful to get the entire back surface covered with the glue, so there's no chance of it having dead space, for moisture to seep in?

I would guess that would be the case but I don't want to go over all the istructions now, to find the answer..
    it's a beautiful day outside and I'm headed out to find a nice wood frame window from my stash...
    I've gotta clean it up, lightly sand it, if necessary and guess I should seal the wood right away.

for all the GOG's I've seen, I always admire them but haven't needed to know the details, until just now.

I have a carport/canopy that I've been toying with the idea of using it for my outside work area.
    today, I decided it's got enough free room in it, to pull out a table from inside the house, cover it and start to use it for my project.
    I have the supplies...and the weather is beginning to cooperate and I feel very motivated to just jump in.

with a covered area, for both/either rain or sunshine, what better way to get on with life.

side note..I scored two and a half gallons of interior latex egg shell paint, at the H4H store just a bit ago.
    there is this stash of 4"x4" tiles that I do believe that it would be cool to have Kalani and Jayden (9 and 6 year old grandsons) to paint and use for a panel or frame for mirror in the bathroom.
    most likely acrylic paint, not going to go the route of porcelain paint and need to have them fired.
    that's another year~~

the 6 year old has given me more hugs this summer than any other time, since he's been born..I've been keeping them busy, since school's been out on the 17th...

it's great how kids bring breath and life to an aging gramma! I've felt so un-needed for so long now.

• aka_strawberrygoat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

one quick question...

that's another year~~

• aka_strawberrygoat
    Original Author
    13 years ago

LOL.......

crap! it told me TWICE it was rejected....lol

guess being agressive paid off.. I kept changing the subject line and it still said REJECTED

oh well, at least it's on my own post...

I wish I could delete two of them.

Sponsored
Art Masonry Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars132 Reviews
Loudon County's Hardscape and Landscape Expert in Outdoor Living