Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mosaicing barefoot (the risks of)

Posted by bettycbowen (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 1, 08 at 21:50

I stepped on a sliver of smalti so very very very tiny - it is in my heel. It is so tiny I really can't find it until I am standing on it just right, then POW. Good grief, stepping on glass. I'm hoping a routine with one of those heel scrubber bars will help.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mosaicing barefoot (the risks of)

eventually it will work its way out. I have been there and done that and it hurt like heck doesnt it.

o

You might try putting a piece of duct tape over it and leaving it a couple of days. Sometimes it will draw the sliver out. Afraid the scrubbing on it might drive it in further.

Your work is just beautiful.Hope this does not lay you up too long. OUCH!!

Maggie

o

Ouch! Hope it works its way out soon. I'm sorry you have to go through this, but your story will keep my shoes on!

o

(((Owie)))

( have you tried putting Betadine on it to help visualize the shard? It works great w/splinters)
My friend once stepped on a lightbulb, a year later a piece came out on the TOP of her foot.. gag
Duct Tape? hmmm I think I read about that a while ago.. good reminder
( saw a bumper sticker: Silence is golden, but Duct Tape is Silver) I had to chuckle.

o

Silence is golden, but Duct Tape is Silver
LOL!!!

o

OUCH OUCH OUCH. I"ve been there, in fact, just got a tiny tiny sliver out last week. I was lucky that I could see the thing with my reading glasses, and I won't tell you what I did because it probably wasn't smart, but it worked. ANd i put lots of alcohol and neospsoren afterwards and covered it with a bandaid.

I just realized I was working with my shoes again today. LOL. WHen will I ever learn???

Now there girls.. do what I say and not what I do... No barefooten...

o

OH, I'm guilty of the barefoot thing all the time. I'm pretty good at not pressing my foot all the way soon as I feel something. Once in a while one gets me.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here