Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shellybelly26_gw

hey there ladies

shellybelly26
15 years ago

I know its been a while since i have been arround but I am sure that you all remember that when i left we were having a hard time my husband had been laid off anf found a new job only to be laid off again a few months later well he has been with his current employer going on 10 months now and i have been able to stop babysitting again and I may actually get to mosaic something soon I just have to find a glue that isnt costic. also some of you may remember that we had been trying to have another baby for over 2 yrs well that is why i need a non toxic glue I am currently 6 mos. pregnant and i have to say that things are pretty good. sorry I took so long to get in touch but i wanted to stop by and say hi and let you all know what has been going on in my life I havent given up on mosaics yet but it may very well be a while before i can actually do some work except making stepping stone that is I have done about 9 of those in the pst few months because they didnt require any gluing

Comments (13)

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

The infamous Shellybelly! wow, congrats on the baby and the husband's job! those are both great news...

non caustic would mean a simple white glue for you, weldbond as long as you're only doing interior things. maybe work with thinset for outside.

Now, you have to answer the big question... do you still have a tray stuck to your front walk? ROFL... what did you ever end up doing about that? I swear everytime anyone asked about resin around here, that story is recalled as a warning! albiet hilarious...

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    15 years ago

the tray is no more, a friend of mine was at the house and she asked why it was there i told her the whole story and how we had tried everything but dynamite to get it up and she walked over grabbed ahold and it came right off LOL. Good to know that I am remembered for something even if it has to be that lil mishap lmbo.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Glad to hear from you! Congrats on the baby!!

Your story is nearly an urban legend around here

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

I've not been around long enough, but I have heard the resin story, lol! Congrats on the baby! Looking forward to seeing all those stepping stones you've been making!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Congratulations and welcome back.Be careful with the glue's.

• barbfrizzell1955
    15 years ago

Hey Shelleybelly,
    I've been wondering how you were doing. I'm glad to hear your DH has found a job and congrats on the baby!!! Hope to see some WIP's from you soon.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Ok, gals. I am too new to have heard the resin story. I think I'll do a search and see if I can find out the mystery. LOL.

Congrats Shelleybelley. That is double great news. Can't wait to see your work!!

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    15 years ago

search for "mishap" that is the title of the thread its quite funny actually. Thank goodness it finally came off, you dont know how many times I had to answer the question "what is that doing there?" here is what it looked like after the rain got to it

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

6 mos pregnant...thus the name ShellyBelly!lol?!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

I'm new around these parts, and I definately have to find this story.
    Glad things are on the upside for you Shellybelly.
    Geeze I'm glad I found this forum.

• shellybelly26
    Original Author
    15 years ago

yeah my name finally fits me now. well it did before but now it REALLY fits me!thanks ladies for all the warm welcome backs.

• gibsona
    15 years ago

I thought your name sounded familiar. . . Thanks NT for the reminder. Really funny story! Congratulations on all the good news. Can't wait to see pictures.
    Have a good one!
    Ann

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

found it!

Here is a link that might be useful: shelly's resin mishap

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz