Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
kraftkrazy

GOG in picture frame

kraftkrazy
14 years ago

hello to all the wonderful artists here, i have been lurking for awhile and am totally envious of all the talent i see here. and now i have a question..i am doing a gog in a picture frame, and i dont want to grout it so i am going to place it behind another piece of glass so the picture is kind of sandwiched between the glass. question is, if you are not working on a window where the glass is already secured in place, how do you secure it in the frame if you dont want to caulk it into place? thanx for any help

Comments (12)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I don't know what they're called, but there's little metal tack thingys one uses to install window panes. Go to Lowes and ask for them. Don't forget to give us pictures of your WIP.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Are you talking about the glass pcs to make the mosaic?! You'll be glueing them won't you? If you glue them, I don't see why you'd need to sandwich it between another pc of glass.

• kraftkrazy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for the responses, i am not going to grout it and i have friends that are fascinated with glass things and like to "touch" stuff, which usually causes blood for them, blame for me. i will post pictures as soon as i figure out how to do that

• kraftkrazy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

here it is

• kraftkrazy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

my niece explained how to add pictures. next i would like suggestions for top and bottom of picture. was going to add light blue/white wispy glass, like sky/clouds, then thought to transition from blue gray to lite blue, like stormy to sunny,,not sure if it would be too much tho. maybe i will just do irridescent textured clear glass. what do you think

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, WOW - what a great mosaic!!! I really like that. Can't advise you on colors, but this w/SURELY look fabulous grouted, and it w/STILL be touchable.

• kraftkrazy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thank you ms slowmedown. my problem is i cut this for a stained glass window, then when i decided to mosaic i was too lazy to either grind the pieces down or get a bigger frame so some of the pieces are right tight next to each other. the other problem is, the clear pieces are very textured and i didnt glue them to fill the gaps so the grout would probably bleed under. since this wasnt supposed to be a mosaic i didnt think it out too clearly when i started. once i take the pattern and back off the frame its really cool. i think i am gonna take some glass beads that match the confetti glass and fill in around the face. the picture is my take on a picture by the artist laurel burch.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Lookin' good! Got anymore of that orange..I'd put that above and below...just my suggestion...like the little bevels in the corners!!!

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

glazing points - thats what Slow is thinking of, I think.

that is really awesome, great design

• wackyweeder
    14 years ago

Awesome! great design. To my eyes I dont think blues would go real well with your colors there, but its not about my eyes, its about yours! It looks wonderful, Im sure you will choose something great.

• kraftkrazy
    Original Author
    14 years ago

thanks for the input. i think i have a large piece of glass with red orange yellow in it,,, kinda looks like flames, i will try that as soon as i get full use of my hand again (had carpal tunnel surgery recently). will post another picture when i get started again.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

You take care and heal up!!!

Sponsored
Franklin County's Top Choice for Reliable Outdoor Construction