Posted by ladyronnie (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 3, 08 at 20:17

OK OK OK OK OK
. .
. .
I have heard the whining.
. .
. .
I have heard the old maids rattling in the bottom of the popcorn bowl.
. .
. .
I am NOT finished yet.
. .
. .
But knowing "THIS THREAD IS WORTHLESS WITHOUT PICS"...
. .
. .
How are these?
. .
. .
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I started a new thread 'cause the old one took to long to load with all those aforementioned pics.

The berry grout is called Quarry Red Clay. I like it. I have my ordered grout in called Fern, with which I am going to do the calyx and the base both. Stay tuned :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Riana strawberry birdbath WIP Part 2

Love your choice of grout colors. P E R F E C T !!! What does your DH think about it? I bet he's tickled pink.

o

Ladyronnie your strawberry is just beautiful!!!!!! LOVE IT!!!!

o

W-O-W!!! This is so totally AMAZING!! I LOVE that grout color! It is the perfect choice...looking forward to seeing the fern color.

o

Oh my goodness, it's a Super Berry !!!!!
It's perfectly delicious. Love the grout colors and... just the whole thing!!!

o

PERFECT grout color! just dark enough to contrast! its so cool - the seeds look 3D in that pic. Cannot wait till its outside and filled with birdies

o

Thanks guys. Sorry the middle is pic is so rough. I had to take it without a flash cause the flash made the grout look tan. I didn't hold the camera very steady either. The final pic will be better :)

o

Holy dawg snot LR!!
This looks great! Love the grout color. Perfect!!
The top looks wonderful.(Dang, thats a lot of green triangles!) and so does the base. So, what time will the grout be applied??? I need to write it on my calender!!

o

Great minds think alike!
I was too cautious as a newbie here to suggest a reddish color. One of my favorites is nutmeg, that is a little more terra cotta, but I was thinking along those lines.
Excellent choice!
What a great piece!

o

OMG! That is just so amazing! That is the most perfect grout for it!! I'm just on the edge of my chair here waiting to see this beauty finished!

Be Safe, Rach

o

The grout is perfect!! It's going to be an awesome strawberry!!!

o

Wow! Grout is great, top is awesome, together this is going to be way more than just a birdbath:)

Are your berries all harvested?

o

Lady!!! Oh that is a totally yummy looking strawberry. That grout is the PERFECT choice. I totally love it and can't wait until it is topped off!!! LOL

You better tie that strawberry to the ground or someone might try to take it home. It is so perfect for your Berry farm.

Great work

o

oh wow! that is awesome. I love the red grout it sets the whole piece off.

o

YUMMY!!! I can hardly wait to see it in it's righful place next to your market place!!! WHOO HOO!!!

o

Sorry I haven't moved this along this week. I went for a chest x-ray Wednesday to rule out pneumonia, which they did, thank the Lord. I still don't feel very good but am looking forward to tomorrow! I plan to be better :)

o

So sorry to hear you are not feeling well....but glad it's not pneumonia...that is some nasy stuff! Take it easy...take care of yourself first and I hope you get to feeling berry better soon :)

o

WOW! The strawberry is very impressive, and I love the tiny triangles you cut for the leaves. So intricate! Fabulous, fabulous work.

o

Take your time and take it easy. I'm so glad you don't have pneumonia but dont' push it. Even though we might be a little pushy to see WIP.. we don't want you get sick over it.

Just listen to your berry, eat lots of fruit and drink lots of water.

take care. and we can wait until you get well...

o

Ok, (hack, hack) the grout is done, except for some (hack, hack) cleanup! I'll post pics tomorrow.

(mischievous [hacking] grin :)

o

Quit hacking and cough up the strawberry!lol!

o

Bless your heart. Nagging you when you're sick - we're so bad!! My dear - from the time you sat down to begin that puppy, you knew what you wanted and you went for it. You've continued on that same determined thought process. You've made quite a beautiful piece of art, and I know you must be proud. Does your DH know he inspired it? Are you going to present it to him w/a flare? Beautiful job. Doesn't it make you feel proud to have created something from scratch? You've done a real spectacular job of mosaicing, and your grout colors are perfect.

o

Great choice ronnie,it looks great!!Love the grout colors and your cutting is wonderful.Just drop dead perfect!!!You made yourself proud girl.Promise to do my head when I get back from week of babysitting in Houston!!!

o

FiRsT: If I don't stop coughing soon, I am going to be purchasing my first ever case of Depends!

SeCoNd: It looks like it COULD rain, and I don't want to set the birdbath outside if it might get wet for a few days yet, so it's still indoors.

ThIrd: Here tis:

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
This pic is to show the texture of the green glass. It makes the calyx very sparkly, and it's not in the sun yet.

I have decided looking at these photos that I am going to paint the underside green, although in person you don't see as much of the bare concrete as you can in the photos. The green grout on the calyx is truer in the closeup than in the other two. The base looks pretty accurate. The dark red grout goes tan with the flash.

Thanks to ALL of you who have helped with this project, either with suggestions and/or encouragement. You made it what it is!

o

Wow - how beautiful, you must have been working on this forever. I am so sorry you have a cough. You might have to get some cough syrup with codeine in it to stop. I've had a few of those Depend type of coughs too - I hate them.

Will you have to use a special type of paint for the concrete or can you use some type of stain to color the concrete green? I sprayed some plain concrete stepping stones once and they lasted quite some time. I suspect if you used spray paint under there it would last a long time since it woudn't be exposed to the sun and weather. Of course there would be a lot of masking to do.

Very wonderful. Can't wait to see it in a place of honor outside on your berry farm.

o

Well done, very well done!
Hope your cough is better.

o

OH LR!!!! SO BEAUTIFUL!!!! You should be proud as punch!!!

o

Commented at MASG but just wanted to say again:
WOW!!!! It's absolutlty AWESOME!!!
And I hope you get to feeling better soon.

o

Well it took me awhile to get back to this thread and see the final project, and it's WONDERFUL! It's just one big sweet tasty treat of a piece. CONGRATULATIONS!

o

OH MY OH MY OH MY!!! Lady Ronnie that is over the top gorgeous!! Fantastic, Fabulous, a work of Art, and on and on.. ANd YOU made it from NOTHING!!!

How absolutely cool is that??? You HAVE to send to Rianna, and everybody else too!! What does DH think??? Now he knows you will have to take more classes to make even more fabulousa stuff for your orchard.

I just love it, it is so much more than I thought, and I thought it was going to be gorgeous. It is really over the top.
And that green glass. i have to see if you wrote what type is is, I LOVE it.
And how did you get it so glossy and sparkly?? What kind of sealer did you use!!

You should be soooooooo proud of yourself. APPLAUSE here.

o

Absoutely FABULOUS!!! You've really created a centerpiece for the berry farm, that's for sure!! Such fun to watch you take it from raw materials to this beauty!

(Hope you're much better by now!)
Pat

o

Well LADY - you really did a number on that project. It's truly a beautiful work of art. Hope you're better. You've inspired me to finish Shea's birdbath - all I lack is the bowl, but have two things on the work table in front of it. One is the cache pot your Mom made for me. I have it covered except the points at the top. Been waiting for inspiration on what to use, and Suzie suggests mirror, so mirror it w/be - SOON. You must be ever so proud of that strawberry. What's next???? Yep - nagging you again.

o

SPRINGVILLE: Can't take codeine, I'm allergic to it. But right now I'd almost rather be itching than coughing like I still am. It's one of those deep-throated, make-your-head-ache-while-you-pee-on-yourself coughs! Not letting up YET. About the paint...I just used some exterior latex in "our" farm green color. All our signs are painted with it, and it goes with the green stained glass. It might chip, but maybe it'll be a long time first.

MERMAID: I think DH likes it. He hasn't said too much, but thinks I've got it a bit overpriced. I put a sign for $1200 dollars in the store window (yeah, twelve hundred). I figure if someone wants it bad enough, I'll let them have it for that. Otherwise we get to keep it :) Hey, I figure the price says it's "real" art :) I can't seem to find the sticker I saved off the glass so I'd know what it is, but I know it's Armstrong. It just IS that sparkly and glossy.

SLOW: I have an idea for another Riana-style project. In fact I did a drawing earlier today for it. Stay posted... :)

o

Lady,

Don't be so surprised if someone DOES buy it. Not that much for an original work of art. Did you sign it???

o

My dear - you have under-priced it. Add another thou to that 1200. It's ART. As I told the lady yesterday who is selling some of my things - I don't care whether they sell or not - I enjoy them in my home if they don't. You've made something oritinal, put a lot of hard work into it, and done a superb job of mosaicing it. DO NOT under-sell yourself. It's BEAUTIFUL, and worth more than $1200. Riana w/beat you up if you sell it for that.

o

Ladyronnie, I haven't been on this forum for a while, but I'm glad I popped in to see your berry bird bath finished. It is wonderful! Definitley one of my favorite of all pieces, and I've enjoyed seeing it come together. Thanks for sharing that with us.

I was afraid red grout would be too bright or clash, but you found the right color -- it's great.

o

Absolutely beautiful.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here