Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leafaholic

GOG pictures

leafaholic
14 years ago

I have been sneaking over from hypertufa and am really enjoying all the information. I have been reading the old posts and a lot of the pictures are no longer available. If you have pictures of GOG that you have done would you post a few? I have done a little but realize there is a whole new world to be discovered. Thanks a lot.

Comments (14)

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

well the only gog I've ever done was actually a mutant because I couldn't resist adding shards to the design. But it came out kinda cool because it looked so completely different with back lighting.

This is Harvest

• wackyweeder
    14 years ago

Heres a couple little things I did. I buy candleplates at GW and make little suncatchers....fun and quick.
    {{!gwi}}
    {{!gwi}}
    and vases and candleshelters are fun too...

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Here's some I've done...

My Pics

Â
    Free Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Here is more stuff have done...

My Pics

Â
    Free Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

• fldirt
    14 years ago

I love every one of these. Calamity your door is stunning!

• addiesue
    14 years ago

These are all so beautiful and unique!! Candle plates and candle shelters, hmmmmm....it never has EVER crossed my mind I could do that with those things but OMG I gotta go to the GW...like right NOW! What a GREAT gift!

Calamity, is that the door that you said you got in a hurry towards the end and it shows? NO WAY! It looks so perfectly elegant and soothing! How awesome it must be to be greeted by that every day!

You guys always make me feel like I'm seeing color and art for the VERY FIRST TIME!!....gotta run....goin' to the GW!!

Lovely work everyone!

Addiesue

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

Janey - you are the GOG queen! always great to see your works - beautiful

• leafaholic
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Wow! Those are wonderful. If I needed inspiration those would do it. One question GW? I shouldn't even ask as I know when you tell me I will say Oh for goodness sakes I knew that.

• fldirt
    14 years ago

Goodwill thrift store or any thrift stores.

• phantom_gardner
    14 years ago

What does GOG mean? I love this type of stained glass how would you go about making it?

• texaswild
    14 years ago

GOG - Glass on Glass, PHANTOM. I'm gonna let those w/experience explain the process, but you've already started w/your "Stained Bead Window". I'm sure the experienced ones w/chime in soon. They'll advise you on all kinds of different adhesives, and techniques to prevent grout bleed.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I forgot to add - there's a thread on this page explaining experimenting w/different adhesives, and also you can read the facts info on the forum. This forum is like a library - lots of info - just have to search and read.

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Here's a window I did of Mt. Shasta. I painted the picture, then glassed over it...If I were to do another, I would paint on one side and glass the other side.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Great painting, EMT: While cleaning out the workshop I discovered my oil paints - all drying up from lack of use. Oh, those were the fund days too, but mosaicing has eaten up all my other hobbies.

Sponsored