Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
smickerdoodle

Inspired by Klinger/

smickerdoodle
14 years ago

I was inspired by Klinger's gigantic project! I have had a studio for a couple of years now. The problem with it is the set up of it invites the kids to use it as a storage dump. The shelves don't function well since they were built the size needed to store the big rubbermaid bins of stuff rather than glass and art supplies. Needless to say it is always a mess and I have to clear off my work spaces before I can use them. I also wasn't able to finish the insulation and beaded board so it is ugly and cold in there. The only electric has been the use of an extension cord run from the house.

My ex husband is coming over tomorrow night to run an actual electric line from the breaker box. After that is done I plan to tear out all of the existing shelves and finish the insulation and walls. Then I intend to build all new shelves using found objects. Not only am I trying to keep the cost down but I also love the look of the shabby chic/cottage style. I plan to build shallow cabinets out of 1x6 boards and old windows that I have been collecting for a while. I also intend to build a potting bench out of an old waterbed frame and put a sink out of an old camper into it. I will make it drain out the back of the studio and run a hose in to have running water. I won't be able to use it in the winter because it will freeze. But the rest of the year it will be nice. On the outside I want to mosaic the walls with bunnies like we see in the yard and flowers and such.

I can't wait til it is all finished. It will be a much more inspiring place to work and I am sure that I will get a lot more work done in it. Not only will it be a wonderful place to work but it will also use a lot of the collected objects that I have saved for years from the junk pile just knowing that I would use them someday.

I only have one pic right now of part of the outside of the studio. I will be sure to take more as I go along. Thank you Cindy for inspiring me to get busy and make it like I have always wanted it to be. How is your's coming along?

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:145118}}

Comments (4)

Sponsored
The Creative Kitchen Company
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars47 Reviews
Franklin County's Kitchen Remodeling and Refacing Professional