Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
I think I found a project and its a doozy!

Posted by shellybelly26 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 19:18

ok so I really wanna do my front porch. Yes you heard that right I am wanting to crawl on hand and knee to tile the front porch whil 6 mos pregnant WTH am I thinking ( at least that is what my DH says). I have a few cases of tile left from when he did the bathroom and I think if i got some nice accent tiles it would look so good. The tiles are neutral color I was thinking a dark brown or terracotta accent and cutting them into triangles to give it more interest. It would keep my mind busy during the last four months of my pregnancy and keep me from killing myself with anticipation, plus I can use thinset and no sinky glue. First I need to motivate and rip up the outdoor carpet. maybe I can talk my sweet dear Husband into doing that for me heehee!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: I think I found a project and its a doozy!

oooooo I found a pic of the tile in the bathroom. I took it when DH was working on it.

Here is a link that might be useful: bathroom tile

o

Oh my gosh. You know they used to say a spurt of energy like that meant you were close to your due date. It sounds though like you're just a "doer"...always have been and always will be I bet.

o

Sounds like a great project...keeep away from resin LOL!!

o

Daisyme- I am really a procratinator but if it is something I enjoy doing I will want to jump right in with both feet LOL
shrty- I have no intentions of messing with any resin anytime soon lmbo

o

Does lmbo stand for laugh my belly off??!!! lol!
Got a pic of your porch? Don't forget to take before and after pic! It's fun that way!(Plus we LIVE for WIP pics!!!!)

o

Wow! That sounds like quite the project! That bathroom tile will look good...Good luck with it and, yes, pictures, pictures and more pictures, please!

o

Sounds like a great project! If I remember how to do it right (it's been so long since I posted a pic in here!) below is the detail of the corners of our dining room, which DH tiled. The center is all the light colored tiles at the top left, 12" square. Just for an idea starter for you :)

Photobucket

o

I like that trim and the color would go great with what I have. My husband is so awesome he said if I wanted to do it that he would help me and I could just do the easy part and mark and cut the tiles and decide on the design and he would lay it all for me so I wouldnt have to get down on my knees too much. We are going to go look at tiles for accent this weekend. Yay!

o

Oh I'm sooo glad you got a helper! This is going to be so much fun for you, looking forward to pics!

o

Please be mindful that this can make a slick surface in the winter or when raining, if it isn't a covered location. My MIL just had her DH rip out a bunch of tile off of their front porch and side walk because it was treacherous in the winter.

o

we live in florida so winter isnt to big of a problem. The only thing I worry about is the rain, but the tile in the bathroom doesnt seem to be slippery when its wet. There is a roff over it but its not enclosed just covered.

o

I was going to caution the same thing about it getting slick when wet. I feel wet tile can be much slicker in shoes than in bare feet. Are you going to break up the tiles? If you have a lot of grout lines it shouldn't be as bad.

o

I meant to say, btw, that I REALLY like how you did your bathroom on the diagonal. That looks great!

I was just looking at the pic I put up there. That must have been pre-grout. I hadn't noticed before. Not that it matters :)

o

I am planning on cutting the tile into much smaller pieces so I am hoping it will be ok. I have a tile guy that lives across the street so I may talk to him and see what advice he can give on the subject. I think it would look really nice but I dont want anything that is going to be hazardous especially with kids running in and out all the time.

o

Great to see you back, SHELLY: Good luck on your project. We'll be watching for your progress.

o

BAH HA HAAA HA HAAAA

is this your "nesting"? most women decorate a nursery! LOL

o

nesting nah I am still doing that too. I just feel ultra creative lately like I wanna make somethin pretty. unfortunatly we didnt get to do much this weekend in the way of looking at accent tile I posted an update on the other side. I was sick as a dog but I am better now thank goodness. My neighbor looked at the tile and said he thinks it will be ok to use on the porch because it doesnt get to wet up there with the roof over it so yay for that.

o

This sounds like a great project. I have been wanting to do my porch too and don't know where to begin. I will watch your progress and learn! Ha!
Nice hubby to help - looks like he is handy :>)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here