Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindiloo_gw

Moonlight Bambi WIP

cindiloo
15 years ago

Here is a picture I am working on. I kept the frame and the plexiglass from a picture my neighbor was going to throw out. It's 14" x 11". I am using MAC glue. The moon will be the same gold as the center of the flowers and the background will be some shade of blue or bluegreen...haven't decided yet. The grout will be "tobacco brown".

{{!gwi}}

Comments (18)

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh, my gosh. What a beautiful piece of art. Cindiloo, this is going to be very very special.

• gottatry
    15 years ago

Oh Cindiloo, I can't wait to see this done. How awesome!!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

That'll be a wonderful piece of art. I'm puzzled. I've examined it as closely as I can, and can't make out what the white petals are. They look like the little white ceramic discs I bought from Maryland Mosaics, but then there's the points of the little dark triangles that extend into the discs, surrounded by what looks like yellow glass gems. You got some 'splaining to do on how you're making those little flowers. I LOVE them. Also, was this pattern already on the plexi? Very interesting piece you have going here.

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

Wow - is all I can say - what a beautiful start you have. I can't imagine filling in all those tiny spaces. How pretty this is going to be and what a special name - moonlight bambi.

What does MAC glue stand for - I am unfamiliar with it? Or is that the brand name - is that the best glue to use for adhering to plexiglass?

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW! This is going to be Spectacular!!! LOVE IT!!!

• texasfern
    15 years ago

That is stunning! Choice of colors stirs such peaceful feelings.

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all....such a great way to start the day basking in your kind words!
    SLOW: It's all stained glass. And I have the worn fingertips to prove it, LOL! Nip, nip, grind....nip, nip, grind. The pattern is a picture I found somewhere on the internet last winter. I think it was from....oh, heck, I don't remember! I resized it in Paint Shop Pro and then copied 8x11 pieces of it, printed it out, pieced it together and taped on the back of the plexiglass.

SPRING: MAC is the name of the glue. It's best for glass on glass and I figured it'd be good on the plexiglass, too. I got my MAC glue from Maryland Mosaics
    (use coupon code: gardenweb)

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Cindi, it is going to be beautiful
    I love Banbi, can't wait to see it finished.

How hard was it using Paint Shop Pro, I love the idea of taking almost any beautiful picture and making it a mosaic . Great cutting.

Keep us in the loop, Good WORK

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks, Mermaid..I've used Paint Shop Pro for a long time, so it's easy for me. I guess it would depend on how comfortable you are with creating graphics and/or photo manipulation. There is some software out there that is specifically for creating mosaics from a picture...Tile Creator Artist Pro or something like that. I want to get it as soon as I get some $$ saved up and my stoopid truck doesn't know about it!

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's the link to that software Tile Creator

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

Cindiloo, thanks for the info on MAC and the link to Maryland Mosaics - wow they have some beautiful stuff... I must finish what I have started first... I must finish what I have started first... I need to keep repeating that so I won't be tempted.

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here's an update...finally...on this:
    Just have the background to do....it will all be in this turqouise color.

{{!gwi}}

• texaswild
    15 years ago

BEAUTIFUL, CINDI: I forgot all about this piece. You're doing such a super job on this - just look at the face and those antlers - tiny details are very hard for me, but you're a natural.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Oh my that is wonderful!
    I agree with Slow, your detail is ....so detailed!
    I really like the colors, the flowers in the deer are just the perfect touch.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Cindy, this is turning out FANTASTIC!! I love it!! I can't believe that deer!!! How perfect!!!

I really do love this Cindiloo!! Too cool!!!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

This is soooo pretty!!! You are doing a great job, I just love it!!!

• trancegemini_wa
    15 years ago

wow this is going to be beautiful cindiloo! Im loving it and cant wait to see it unfold!

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Wow..that is really great. You are pretty talented with the computer too. I was never able to work paintshop pro.
    Really nice work!

Sponsored