I'm not sure what I'm doing on the sides yet... something like this

Photobucket

here's the top done

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: jewelry box wip

Nice,

OOOOOOOOOHHHHHHH Pretty. Another work of art in process.

I like the color combination and all of teh different shapes, especially the star in the middle. Are those BB"s in between the diamonds??? Question , if they are BB"s or ball chain, do you put them on before you grout or afterwards?? Looks like before for your box, but just wondering.

Can't wait to see how you finish it!!

o

Ohhh, another nice box! Gotta love the BBs, I just scored some at a garage sale! Nice glass tiles!

o

Oh, NT, I LOVE that box. The design is really nice, as well as your color combo, and hey, did you get the morton or Beetle system? LOOKEY at those diamond shapes. This is definitely a "jewel" of a box.

o

Mermaid, I put everything on before grouting as I feel being in the grout strengthens the pieces.

Jane, your scored boxes or BBs? someone just gave me a carton of copper bbs! these are actually ball chain cut up cause thats what I had.

Thanks Slow, nope still no cutting system here. Those are my unprecise un measured eyeballed diamonds!

o

Wow, I didn't realize you were cutting those diamonds free-hand! Impressive!

o

What great colors!
You do a great job cutting those diamonds.
They give me fits!
Great work.

o

OH My goodhness NT, however did you make those perfect cuts by hand??? I haven't even got the nerve to try and cut them with my beetle bits yet. actually i was playing around and got some diamonds i wasn't trying for. Hmmm

thanks for the info on grouting AFTER the bb's ball chain etc. That's what I'll do.

Such a pretty box.. can't wait to see it finished.

o

looking nice and I like the colors. Great diamond cuts

o

thanks everybody!

here's what I've done on the front so far

Photobucket

o

Lookin' good NT!!! I'm on the look out for such a box, 1 for me, and 1 for Klinger to do.

o

Ooooooooooo - I see some clay tiles in there too. Boy, oh boy, you're making those brown glass tile fit beautifully, and I love how you sprinkle the ball chain about. That brown glass looks very textured. What kind is it? Who is this box for?

o

This has always been my jewelry box so it will be back on my dresser when done. The brown tiles are a thick glass tile that Linlee used on her bathroom walls and donated some extras for a 3rd place prize of the art contests we had at Carl's. I just love making those clay tiles, it amazes me how pretty they turn out! lol

o

looking great and so nice to re purpose your own box and make it new again. Very nice

o

Glad you are making something for yourself. You deserve it. It's lovely. You have really perfected the clay technique.

o

here it is ready for grout, I just haven't decided on color yet

Photobucket

this is what I did on both sides

Photobucket

here's the back

Photobucket

Photobucket

o

WOW!!! Now grout that puppy!!! I'm living vicariously thru you!!lol!

o

Gorgeous - looks like a Linlee-inspired box. Truly beautiful. Anxious to see what color you decide for grout. I LOVE this box.

o

Slow, you are right my inspirationm was the one Linelee made for Rosmarythyme in the holiday exchange. I've been box hunting ever since and finally decided to remake my own jewelry box.

here it is
Photobucket

Photobucket

o

Absolutely breath taking!

o

OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!!!! I missed this yesterday. NT - what can we say except this is just too beautiful for words. Not to take anything away from Linlee's box, but ahem - I like yours better, and I'm NOT telling why. I know you must be super proud of this one. How I'd love to have one of those sitting on my dresser.

o

BEAUTIFUL!!

o

Oh Nice, this is gorgeous!!! Good job! You'll love using it now!!! Eye Candy for your Eye Candy!!!

o

Love this...some of my favorite colors!!

o

So pretty....saving this for future. would love to make
something like that.....lovely work.

o

This is SO PRETTY!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here