Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Humpty Dumpty...The Idea

Posted by calamity_j (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 24, 09 at 18:43

Well, I was sittin' round all day pouting, as it rained(We needed it!!!) and so decided to play with my Humpty idea...

Here is a link that might be useful: Humpty...raw beginnings

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Humpty Dumpty...The Idea

ROFL! cool start

o

nice beginning

o

Jane...LOL

o

Very cute! Dont let him fall!
Where did ya get the egg?

o

Pout? when it RAINS?? Rain - what's THAT. Boy, could we use some. Cute start. You mean you can't work on Humpty inside? You gonna do it on-site? You got my curiosity up - 'splain, please? How w/you make the parts? Anxious. It's time for that phrase "don't dawdle".

o

Well, I can tell you are all so Eggcited to see me finally do something!!! I had better get crackin' eh? I'm not sure eggactly what I'm doin' but I have been eggsperimenting with wire mesh and some POP that Louisiana Greetings had sent me in my tesserae exchange...

o

where in the world do you find an egg that big

o

This is a pic of the orgins of my Humpty Man...well, actually he came from an idea born from a post on the Garden Junk Forum, about a cluttered front yard...that had a stuffed toy humpty dumpty in it...and I said to self: Self! Lookie there, You Gotta make one...oh oh! Make a brick wall for him!!! Then it happened....the light fixture came in at the thrift store I was working at! God works in mysterious ways!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Light fixture

o

wow, thats got to be kizmit!

o

You're just tooooo funny!! You always find just the right stuff, how handy to work at the thrift store, now all that good stuff comes right to ya, and you don't have to go looking for it. Who woulda thunk that you'd find a light fixture that looks like an egg!?!? You still got all those bricks for his wall?

o

Eggsactly what Humpty needed!!!!! I started on my one of my legs this weekend... left it at camp to work on... but forgot to take a pic...duh... oh well, will go back this weekend...then off to Canada for 7 weeks... but on the other side...over by Toronto

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here