Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Medicine cabinet face lift

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 08 at 17:44

We're painting our bathroom, which led to me deciding to tile a small backsplash for the sink, which got me buying a bunch of fantastic GLOW IN THE DARK tile from Maryland mosaics. You all gota get some, if you turn out the lights at n ight the tile glows, and is baby blue in the daytime...

so, to the rest of the story. Then as i was checking out all of the great tile Kathy has at Maryland mosaics I saw the Paua ceramic offcuts and had to have some.

the backsplash is yet to get ready, but I just had to give teh boring old wood medicine cabinet a facelift with the papua tiles and the glitter ones. .

Black grout is so messy. any body have any good ideas for keeping that stuff of the back of your work??

medicine cabinet grouted

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Medicine cabinet face lift

Wow, that's just pretty as can be...and it GLOWS IN THE DARK. How cool is THAT?

o

CUTE! Love the idea and may try to modify it to fit ours...50+ yr old houses have those nasty old metal ones. Thanx for the idea!

Pat

o

Oooo, that turned out so pretty! I agree about black grout being messy, I have no tips about using it....maybe tape off what you don't want grouted first. Looking forward to seeing the glow-in-the-dark backsplash!

o

Lovely!

o

Thats very pretty!!!! nice arrangement Mermaid. Use painters tape to mask

o

Well, how pretty is THAT???!!! Hey, you know you can even put things inside and on the mirror also. NT did a famous mirror, just leaving a portion of the mirror free. Way to go, girlie.

o

Thanks, Slow,mm. I have yet to try a GOG but mayyyyyyybbbbbbbbeeeee I could do a little test drive here, and around the mirror HMMMMMMMnnnnnnnn I'm thinking.......

Pat, isn't it fun how we see other designs and that gives us ideas of stuff we can do?? i have so many project ideas and just not enough time..
NT i used painters tape around the mirror when i was grouting but didn't think to try it all around to keep the nasty charcol from bleeding all over, even if it does eventually come off, well on most things..
Bought some new this weekend and that stuff is gold it is so expensive

Cindi, Gyspy andDaisy, yea i am really anxious to try the glow in the dark backsplash.. I LOVE That stuff. Hope i got everyone.

o

Wow! That is very nice!

o

lovely idea! hope i can create like that again. inspires me so much.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here