Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
And a nipper question

Posted by daisyme (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 30, 08 at 17:03

Well, at least it should be obvious I'm getting closer on this project. (grin) How do I know when my nipper wheels need turning? I seem to be getting some chipping off the surface of my plates today and can't figure out if it is the plate finish itself or if the nipper is causing it. I'll turn the wheels anyway, but wondered what you all could tell me.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: And a nipper question

Great question Daisy, I would love to know too, since I am in the same boat right now. I\

o

I turn mine just a little when it seems that they are not cutting, I probably do this once a month or so. But mark your wheel with a sharpie before loosening so you only turn them a little bit.

o

I've been marking mine with a sharpie, but the marks have come off. MAybe I need to make bigger marks. When you say "seems they aren't cutting", Flag, do you mean that they seem to slip from the surface? Mine are kinda doing that too even though I've turned the wheels....Also, mine take out a chip instead of starting a clean cut. The wheels seem to be not quite meeting too. I know I shouldn't need new wheels for all I've used them, but.....?

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here