Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

The Sundress WIP

texaswild
10 years ago

Got all the dishes nipped, then out of fear of beginning, I did laundry, swept the garage, took photos of the gardens, put chlorine in the water features, and finally had no excuses. It's like starting mosaics in the beginning when I was afraid to plunk down the first tile. Then the more I worked the more anxious I was to start a project. Hope this w/unblock my mind.
http://s124.photobucket.com/user/Slomedown/media/Inside%20Mosaics/TheSundress_zps44f564ae.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0#/user/Slomedown/media/Inside%20Mosaics/TheSundress_zps44f564ae.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0amp;_suid=137020559238208805175896180664">The Sundress

Comments (20)

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Forgot how to post the link.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

What the hay happened to Photobucket? Can't figure out how to post.
    The Sundress

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

I can't figure it out either! Why do they have to change things? Hope someone else knows how to post the links to Photobucket..
    I clicked on the view all black space in your second post that says get yours & view all and did get to your page to see the WIP pic. You are off to a great start! Can't wait to see more!

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

okay I think I figured it out. Go to the photo and across the top you will see icons for Facebook, Twitter, etc...click on the broken chain which is the 7th one from the left. It will show a pop up screen that says share the photo and when you click on the links tab it will say Copying lots of links? Turn on Easy Linking. Click on that and Make sure you check HTML code and/or HTML thumb. Save your settings, then go back to your photo and you copy the HTML code either the thumb for small or HTML if you want the pic to be big and then it shows up. Sounds confusing to explain but easy once you follow each step. If you can't figure it out, I'll try explaining it once again!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, CRAFTY: What a PITA. Wish they'd quit changing the website. Can't figure out easily how to upload into the proper library. Sundress is ready for grout. Decided to keep it simple - didn't want a grouting nightmare. Wish I could wear something like this.
    Sundress ready for grout

• oldcrafty
    10 years ago

As always ......just amazing!

• nanatricia
    10 years ago

Yes that is looking great!! I have just the bust part one of the days.

• wackyweeder
    10 years ago

I love it, great colors, she will be beautiful.

• silvamae
    10 years ago

Beautiful! Love the colors.

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

You know, for someone who said they were in a slump, you whipped this sucker together pretty quick! LOL
    I wish I could wear something like that too! Beautifully done!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, y'all. CRAFTY: I hate grouting so bad, and during this grouting I decided to go back to paper. Have lost my desire to mosaic. I think my next mosaic project w/be push/sqush method to avoid grouting.
    Finished

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

This came out great! I always dread grouting because I'm afraid my grout choice might ruin my mosaic. The push/squash method sounds like a great alternative. You could always make a bunch of stuff and let Jane grout them for you when she comes to visit since she says she enjoys grouting! LOL

• nanatricia
    10 years ago

I like that !!! Grouting is not my fave but I do not mind doing it!! I like the creating part much better.It turned out great!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Thanks, y'all. Since it's only three weeks until Jane arrives, I don't think I could have much done by then. I've sorta lost my desire to mosaic ANYTHING anymore. Could be that the house/gardens are so full, that it discourages me from wanting anything else to try to cram into spaces.

• silvamae
    10 years ago

On those 3 garden stones that I posted, I used the push-squish method, for the first time, and I love it. I first did the butterfly on mesh, trimmed it and laid it where I wanted it on the stone, taped off the shape onto the stone, moved the butterfly out of the way, mixed up some thinset and spread it thinly and evenly over the shape, then squished the butterfly down onto it. Smeared any thinset that oozed up (just like grouting), polished it and voila - done! Easy!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I've used that method on several items b/f, and love it. My inspiration for using the method was from Frances Green, aka Waschbear on Flickr. Check out her red box. I posted her white box a year/more ago.
    Waschbear's Red box

• nicethyme
    10 years ago

this is so pretty, what are you going to do with her? I could imagine it with a tu tu

• nicethyme
    10 years ago

it really sounds like you are ready to move to a new media for good Slow. If thats the case,,, maybe ya want to sell off your stash! LOL

DIBBS! hahahah have a fun time with Jane!

• barbfrizzell1955
    10 years ago

It's probably true that you don't feel like mosaicing any thing lately because you don't have a place to put it! I will miss seeing your wonderful creations come to life and hope that once you have taken a break from it for awhile, you will rekindle your love for mosaics once again!

• Calamity_J
    10 years ago

I woulda LOVED to grout that Girlie!!! It just blows me away how you take one day to do a project!! I was just over at Cindy's(Klinger's) and she says she is in a slump..yet she build a whole rock wall garden bed!!!

Sponsored
Creating Thoughtful, Livable Spaces For You in Franklin County