Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My latest window - Purple Myrtles & Sunflowers

Posted by addiesue (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 6, 11 at 16:35

I've been working on this one for awhile trying to get it done in time for a local exhibit with Integris Hospital. The frame may be a little over done...every time I thought I was finished I would decide to add "just one more thing"....lol.

It measures 31" x 23" and the frame is finished in a crackled antique white with a black Damask pattern.

Addie

Here is a link that might be useful: Purple Myrtles & Sunflowers Stained Glass Window

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My latest window - Purple Myrtles & Sunflowers

Truly another beautiful, professional work of art. ADDIE: I could pick your style out of hundreds. This one is true to your wonderful style - I LOVE it. LOVE your frames and name plates - you're such a pro!!!

o

Awww, thanks Slow. Definitely not a pro but as most of us on this forum, I too have found what makes the sun shine in my world. I really enjoy working with glass in this way. I'm going to work with glass and fire tonight....cross your fingers and say a little prayer that I don't blow myself up with my fancy new torch...lol. I probably should spend some time reading the instructions but that would take way too much of my time...lol.

o

ANOTHER Awesome window! I keep looking at all the windows I have and wonder why I never have time anymore to get started on one. Lovely, I love sunflowers!

o

WOW that is so pretty!!!! Calamity I have a few of those too!!!!

o

Oh, very pretty! I love the design, very unique!

o

Gosh, I really like that, you sure did a lot of work on the frame too. So are you doing lamp work with your torch? I love some of the beads made that way.
Cindy

o

WOW....definately awesome!!

o

That is fabulously beautiful. Not only th eintricacy of both th ewindow and the amazing frame, but the way tha tyou use color. The flower petals for example.
Gorgeous!
Kathy

o

This took my breath away! So vibrant. Just lovely!

o

gorgeous work and I love how you did the frame too, so did you get it done in time for the exhibit?

o

That is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

o

Very nice work!

Here is a link that might be useful: Opus Mosaics-Mosaic Tile Supplies for Any Project

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here