Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
addiesue_gw

My latest window - Purple Myrtles & Sunflowers

addiesue
12 years ago

I've been working on this one for awhile trying to get it done in time for a local exhibit with Integris Hospital. The frame may be a little over done...every time I thought I was finished I would decide to add "just one more thing"....lol.

It measures 31" x 23" and the frame is finished in a crackled antique white with a black Damask pattern.

Addie

Here is a link that might be useful: Purple Myrtles & Sunflowers Stained Glass Window

Comments (12)

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Truly another beautiful, professional work of art. ADDIE: I could pick your style out of hundreds. This one is true to your wonderful style - I LOVE it. LOVE your frames and name plates - you're such a pro!!!

• addiesue
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Awww, thanks Slow. Definitely not a pro but as most of us on this forum, I too have found what makes the sun shine in my world. I really enjoy working with glass in this way. I'm going to work with glass and fire tonight....cross your fingers and say a little prayer that I don't blow myself up with my fancy new torch...lol. I probably should spend some time reading the instructions but that would take way too much of my time...lol.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

ANOTHER Awesome window! I keep looking at all the windows I have and wonder why I never have time anymore to get started on one. Lovely, I love sunflowers!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

WOW that is so pretty!!!! Calamity I have a few of those too!!!!

• loribee2
    12 years ago

Oh, very pretty! I love the design, very unique!

• klinger
    12 years ago

Gosh, I really like that, you sure did a lot of work on the frame too. So are you doing lamp work with your torch? I love some of the beads made that way.
    Cindy

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

WOW....definately awesome!!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

That is fabulously beautiful. Not only th eintricacy of both th ewindow and the amazing frame, but the way tha tyou use color. The flower petals for example.
    Gorgeous!
    Kathy

• amerique2
    12 years ago

This took my breath away! So vibrant. Just lovely!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

gorgeous work and I love how you did the frame too, so did you get it done in time for the exhibit?

• downeastwaves
    12 years ago

That is just BEAUTIFUL!!!

• opusmosaics
    12 years ago

Very nice work!

Here is a link that might be useful: Opus Mosaics-Mosaic Tile Supplies for Any Project

Sponsored
Miller Woodworks
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars21 Reviews
Franklin County's Trusted Custom Cabinetry Solutions