Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texasfern

WIP Toad Hut

texasfern
15 years ago

I'm not sure how this works.

I also posted a pic on T2T cuz it was one of the things I worked on Sunday.

Any way, this is my Toad Hut. The first one ended up on the kitchen floor, this is the second one.

I am not looking forward to grouting I can tell you.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{gwi:151222}}

Comments (9)

• texasfern
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Heres another pic. I am having a hard time getting my thoughts together to do this right so bear with me.

Here is a link that might be useful: {{!gwi}}

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

You did it, see. What happened to the broken pot?? Oh so sorry about that.

I LOVe the originality of the flower petals. Such a great idea, I think I will use that too. Been collecting lots of seashells and need to find something to do with them.

Very cool, it will be one lucky toad. We have a toad hanging around by our garage door and i know he would love such a home. Would move right in.

You go girl.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I love how you used a broken piece and your use of stones! Flagtruck mentioned that she takes a ziplock bag full of grout and snips a corner off to pipe the grout into difficult places. You could try that to keep the grout under control maybe. We'll be waiting to see!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Way to recycle! I love it! And the seashell flowers are just awesome! I never heard of toad huts or gnome homes or fairy houses til I came here.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

That is wonderful! Love all the shells on it!! I think daisy is right, flag's baggie method will work best!!

• bluestarrgallery
    15 years ago

texasfern, how wonderful a home for a toad. they really do hide under things - I saw one under the lip of my clawfoot bathtub pond one day.

I love the rocks and the seashells. How creative you are combining such different materials. I'm with you, I like doing the design and would just as soon have someone else do the grouting, but I guess that is part of it. I will have to try flagtruck's baggie method one of these days.

Can't wait to see how your toad hut turns out after grouting - that is fun too - cause each piece looks so different when it's grouted.

• texasfern
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I will use flags method for sure!
    Thanks, I will post as soon as I'm done.
    This could take awhile as I want it to be securely sealed.

• siriusmosaics
    15 years ago

Oh what a great idea! I've got toads around, I'm sure they would love me making them a house.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Simply beautiful. Never would have thought to make flowers w/the shells. Thanks for the idea. FLAG also mosaics shards of pots and broken things to sprinkle around her gardens. I learn so much from this forum. Nice to have the garden at a slow down so I can spend more time here.