Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bebob_gw

Where to get tiles

bebob
12 years ago

I have seen all your beautiful work but was wondering where you get your tile from. I have purchase some from ebay but shipping WOW. That was for small projects. Now I think I can tackle something bigger, I have a 3' gap from the hard wood floor to the bathroom tub. I have my stuff and ? design ready, just need tiles. If someone can help me I would be so greatful. Thank you Indiana Betty

Oh nice work all you are wonderful

Comments (5)

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Hi Betty,

You can find tiles any number of ways. To help specifically we'd need to know what type tiles you are looking for. Most towns have a tile place that stock tiles or can order them. Look online for stores that ship free or more reasonably than the ebay sellers.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Yep - depends on what kind you want. I prefer dish shards, and look at thrift stores, $ stores, Salvation Army resale shop, Goodwill sell dishes. Vases, mugs, cups, bowls - anything colored catches my eye, and into my shopping cart. Also cheap sets of dishes at Walmart - there's four sets I'm planning to buy next time out - orange, yellow, lime green and light blue. A service for four w/bring me lots of tiles. I have a wet saw, and can cut them down to size in the beginning, but prefer to nip them w/the wheeled nippers. I also mix lots of other things - stained glass, bottle glass, old jewelry, found stuff - outta the garage, or at flea mkts. IF I get to feeling deprived, I order from Mosaics by Maria. For orders over $75, she ships free. Maryland Mosaics gives a 10% discount on tiles, if you mention Garden Web membership. Wit's End is another good source. Susan Jablon has very reasonable prices and different shapes. I just ordered large black gems, huge flatter than usual orange gems, small orange gems, some glass squares and other things from Wholesalers USA - great prices. As ROCK said, Google mosaic tiles and supplies - you'll find tons of sources. Also, check out your local building surplus stores. I've bought a gazillion glass tiles from one in my town. Another building surplus store has cheaper floor tiles, if you want a thicker tile. They're good for outdoor projects.

• Imsunflwr1
    12 years ago

Hey Slow... I know the dishes you're talkin' about. I've been thinking about those too. Love the colors!

• robin_ssi
    12 years ago

If you're looking for stained glass Google "stained glass tile". You'll find lots of great sites that you won't find by just Googling mosaic tile.

• bebob
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you all for your help. I will keep you posted as I move along on this project.
    Happy Crafting
    Indiana Betty

Sponsored
EA Home Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars69 Reviews
Loudoun County's Trusted Kitchen & Bath Designers | Best of Houzz