Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
christi508

Ding, Ding..Here is the picture

christi508
14 years ago

Thank you for all the answers, info, inspiration, and encouragment. I am finally done, except for maybe trying to make the flowers shinier. Any suggestions? Thanks, again.

Here is a link that might be useful:

Comments (13)

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

I think you did a wonderful job on this. I would suggest a glossy grout and tile sealer, that should do the trick in making them shiny and protect the whole thing for dirt and grease. Very nice job.

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

SUPER JOB! that looks PERFECT!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Suggestions? Are you kidding? It's wonderful! Great job! I love how you filled in with the white and grouted in grey. It really makes the flowers stand out.

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Looks great...
    Hey Flagtruck...Glossy grout? How do you get grout glossy? Don't think I've ever seen glossy grout, but it does sound interesting...

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Tile Lab - Home Depot - has glossy grout sealer. EMT - that's what FLAG was saying glossy grout SEALER. CHRIS - now doncha just LOVE your project? Man, that turned out so beautifully. You did a fabulous job of painting those tiles, and putting this together. It's just wonderful. Whatcha gonna do next, now that you're a pro?

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

It is just GORGEOUS!!!!! Great job...It's so sheery and colorful..don't you just love seeing it every morning!!!! Very nice.....

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Looks to me like the backsplash should be next? Doncha all think so....?

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Well YEAH!!! DUH!

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

Lovely! Who'da thunk...the rangehood!!! Now I KNOW there is no surface safe from us!!!ha! I could see a few of those square tiles on the backsplash, done to match the rangehood...just over top of the tiles..giving it a "standout 3d look" Yup Gloss sealer. I buy mine from a Tile/flooring shop.

• Mermaid
    14 years ago

this is gorgeous, Lovely you did a great job.

I've seen the glossy tile sealer at HD too but i wondered -has anybody tried to use it outside, I read the instructions and it says indoors.course, Chris, that makes no difference in your range hood. I would go for the glossy, i love glossy, really makes mosaics POP.

Yep, I'm seeing the backsplash and maybe even the dishwasher(saw that once)mosaiced.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I've also seen the fridge mosaiced. Are we bad??? Are we sick? Are we addicted? Yes, yes, yes. Go to town w/those shards, CHRISTI.

• christi508
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you for all the kind words. I looked at Home Depot and saw a glossy sealer, but it did say for porous stones only. I used the regular ceramic bathroom tiles, do you think it will stil work or is there a different one? I see you mentioned Tile Lab, I forgot to look at the brand, but the bottle was yellow and I think it cost $9.99.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Yes, CHRISTI - Tile Lab comes in a yellow container. I don't know about how it w/work on your tiles, but it sure makes the grout look better. Weren't your tiles shiny already? Seems if you want them super shiny, you could use polyurethane on them. However, I used it on grout in one of my first pieces, and didn't like the result, so took what I could get off. You could try it on a scrap piece of tile?