Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tess w/ new saw

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 26, 09 at 14:19

My hubby got me a wet saw for xmas. I finally started using it. I have been collecting plates from yard sales and friends for years now and only cutting them when I needed a certain color. But I got out my saw and started cutting the other day and I tell you I love it!!!!!!!! I cut four boxes of plates, cups bottles, etc. , 15 or more gallon bags and about 15 quart bags, numerous bottles and cups. I've got lots of new tess to work with. I cut them large so I will still be able t hand nip to the size and shape I need. But cutting with a saw is the way to go!!! I can't wait to find more I have buried in the shed!!! Yard sales here I come!!!!! Sure am lovin that hubby right now!!!!! He was beginning to wonder if I was ever going to use it now he's wondering if I am ever gonna quit!!!! LOL!!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tess cut with saw

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tess w/ new saw

Heh heh!!! You can practice and then come to my place and practise some more...I seem to have a feewww plates you could "practice" on!!!lol! A Kid with a new toy!!lol! I was the same way with my Taurus and my tile saw!lol!

o
RE: Tess w/ new saw

Well, it's about TIME!!! Knew you'd enjoy it. I have two tile saws and the Taurus. Seldom use the Taurus, but love, love, love the tile saw. Couldn't do w/it for some of the really hard porcelain plates and tiles that are impossible to hand-nip. Go to town, CATH.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here