Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Welcome GOG

Posted by calamity_j (My Page) on
Fri, Jun 1, 12 at 14:16

I was at my RR mailbox the other day and someone had left this awesome window there!!! Talk about one man's junk is another man's treasure!!!! Whoohoo! Love the green glass in it! It just screamed: "Make me into a Welcome sign!!" I am going to varathane the frame, instead of paint it, cuz I live right across from the mailboxes, and I want to hang this sign for everyone to see it transformed!!! I guessing the person who left it there, will recognize it ;-)

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Welcome GOG

LOL are you sure they didn't leave it for you? What a cute idea!

o

BEAUTIFUL - I love the shapes of your letters.

o

Just gotta grout and decide how to finish the frame....

Photobucket

o

I am so loving this!!

o

Wow, how cool is that???? I love that. That is neat that you are going to put it where everyone will see it!! I hope whoever left it, gets in touch with you!!

Awesome job!!!

o

Oh wow wow wow! LOVE the way you brought all the colors together!

o

WOW - that was quick. Beautiful job. Did you do the lettering free-hand or ????

o

Janie , that looks great, how cool some one left that for you to repurpose. It will be gorgeous done.

o

Well, it's done...Hubby is actually claiming it, he hasn't done that before?! I intended it to go for sale at a friends art store...I tried staining the wood...it didn't really do much to it. I cut those letters out just freehand!

Photobucket

o

LOVE it! What does hubby want to do with it?

o

I love love love it!!!!

o

Hubby wants to hang this with a burl w/house #s...just doesn't go! BUT, this may get me going on a new house sign....I have been inspired by the one Klinger did....Hope she will see this and post a pic of hers....hint hint

o

I'm glad you are going to keep it. It turned out so neat!! I love the colors too.

Sort of a vertical "welcome mat".

o

LOL, nothing like a man's poor decorating sense to inspire a new project! (Or is he just that good at getting you to make new stuff? LOL) Can't wait to see that one too!

o

So pretty! and well done.

o

Here's that sign Janie asked for.

o

Thanks for posting it!!!

o

Your signs are awesome and Janie whomever left that is sure to want it back...better keep a close eye on it!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here