Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Newbie with pics( I hope)

Posted by scootsmom (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 22, 08 at 14:13

Hi! I have been lurking here for about a month, reading and looking at all of the beautiful work that ya'll do. Everyone is so talented. I have learned so much since I found this site. I discovered mosaics a couple of months ago after the office I worked at closed. I have since returned to work, and now I am so addicted that I don't want to work. I just want to play!!!! I have pictures of my first few projects. The 1st is my house number, then I did the flower pot, and then the magnolia tray. I have not experimented with colored grout yet, but I will on my next one. Now lets hope I can get the pics on here.
Have a great day!
Allyson
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

I am so sorry the pics are so gianormous

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Newbie with pics( I hope)

Welcome to the Forum! you pics are fine and your works are excellent too! especially love that tray!

o

Welcome To The Group

Glad you found us! And sent pics! WONDERFUL! You did great work for first projects. Wow!

Daisy (me!)

o

Good Grief!!! Lookey - another pro on her first projects. BEAUTIFUL! WELCOME to the playground SCOOTER. You're in for some wonderful times.

o

Glad you joined us AND posted pictures...woo-hoo!
Beautiful first projects! LOVE that tray!

o

Welcome!! Wow, you do wonderful first mosaics, you will be a natural.
Your flower and bumble are perfect cutting. Can't wait to see you evolve, if these are your first trys.

Keep the pix coming

o

Wow, Thank ya'll so much. After I did my first one, I was completely hooked. Now I look at everything and wonder how it will looked all decorated up. My hubby says that he is scared to sit still for too long, for fear I might mosaic him.
I have to say that my tray is my favorite. I cheated a bit with the edges. I bought the precut tiles at Lowes because they were the perfect colors. But I did peel them and attach them.LOL

Thank ya'll for all your comments. I look forward to getting to know you all and learning new tricks.

Also, I don't know how the pictures got small. They were huge when I posted them.
Have a great day!
Allyson

o

First projects?!?!? Ya gotta be kidding! Those are wonderful! LOVE the magnolia tray, but they're all so pretty!!

Pat

o

I think your a natural! Great work. Welcome!

o

Thank you all for the great comments. I so enjoy doing this and look so forward to trying some of the great things ya'll have all done. Thanks for so much inspiration!!!

Allyson

o

Those are great first projects. You did really good! Welcome to the forum.

o

Hi, I'm new too and really challenged with pictures!!! your mosaics are beautiful. I really love the floral!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here