Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Toad Hut Finished

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 24, 08 at 14:11

I finally got the darn thing done!
It took me longer to seal this thing than anything! I wanted to be sure it was SEALED!
Toad Hut

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Toad Hut Finished

How cool...I think I need a toad hut too now!!

o

Front view of Toad Hut
side to Toad Hut
Close up of side

o

I LOVE that, TEX!!! What a great way to save a shard. LOVE the finial. What was it? Very creative!!!!!

o

Toad's are sure getting some fancy housing lately!
WOW, this is really AWESOME! Sooo many pretty things!
Did you color thinset and stick on and then seal or did you stick on and grout and seal? Looks like it would be a PITA to grout!

o

oh my! thats adorable! you done a wonderful job, any toad would be proud to call that "home"! I especially love the flower design on the back, tooooo cute! blessings-sherri

o

I love it! Great job.
kathy

o

This is a beautiful creation! The toads are living in luxury these days!

o

Well lookey lookey three new names I haven't seen b/f. Post up, SPEDIGREES, CONCRETENPRIMROSES and DAISYDAL. Whatcy'all making that we'd love to see here.

o

WOW!!! I'm screaming with delight!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Perfect!!!

o

Thanks ya'll.
Slow, the snail head was broken from a ceramic piece I used to cast and glaze and mosaic.
Cindi, I did use thinset than then grouted, and it was a PITA but I used the 'grout in the bag' trick that someone here suggested. Sorry I forget who but it was a life saver!

Here is a link that might be useful: Snail head ON a Snail

o

Very cute! Love this idea and like the shells.

o

Wow! THis is great! I am very envious of some toads. I have a huge bag os shells that I got from the beaches in Jacksonville, NC. I must think of something to use them on.

Have a great day!
ALlyson

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here