Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WIP a few of the things I have been doing

Posted by flagtruck (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 29, 08 at 14:04

I have posted a few of the things I have been working on in my Flickr album. I am finishing more today, so maybe I can show a few completed soon. The green swing arms are all done with tiles I made from clay and fired. Now need grout.
The cinderblocks are for plant pedestals and thanks to Slow for picking me up a few at Lowes a couple weeks ago so I could do some. I love doing them and am having a ball with them. I have done many sketches of one I want to do for the big flower pot I finished a few weeks ago. It is so heavy I will have to do the pedestal, set the pot in place and then plant it.
The succulent birdhouse is a WIP not mosaics right now, I cannot figure out whether to mosaic or not? Suggestions please.

Here is a link that might be useful: WIP and a few finished things

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WIP a few of the things I have been doing

You make such beautiful tiles! Those look so great on the swing! The cinderblock are fun! I gotta try some of those! Very, very nice work!

o

Oh my word... your work is so beautiful Flag. Love those tiles you made!

o

Already commented via e-mail, but again, I'm so impressed w/your handmade tiles. Every time I see these handmade tiles, I want a kiln, but I just can't see me getting into another hobby timewise. I'm afraid it would take on a life and take too much time away from mosaics. I LOVE the blocks, and w/not have thought of covering the holes w/plates. Thanks for that idea. LOVE this forum for ideas and inspiration.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here