Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birthday score-beetle bits etc

Posted by mermaid4life (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 11, 08 at 13:04

Hey all,

I hit the jackpot on my bday. DH bought me a Hitachi scroll saw to cut shpaes for MDF AND a complete Beetle bits system!! I knew about the beetle cuz I sent him a not so subtle link BUT the scroll saw I had ben coveting for some time.

I just played around with the saw and it is going to take me some time before I am cutting out my own sea turtles, butterfly's gecko's etc.. but it works just like a sewing machine and I don't have to worry about cutting my hands off. LOL

Now that I have the Beetle bits I can finally cut equal pieces and not spend so much money buying already cut shapes. Course that is how I rationalized wanting this baby.. It came with a really good instructions .

I am one happy camper, can't wait to start cutting.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birthday score-beetle bits etc

That is great! I just received a beetle bits and it's amazing how fast you have your pieces cut out instead of buying precut or me, using a ruler and cutting them out by hand, wasting a lot.

o

Congrats on the new toys! And a belated Happy Birthday!
Now, get cutting and let's see what you can do....LOL!

o

Happy Birthday, Mermaid! What a GREAT gift! HAve fun and we'll be looking for your projects.

o

Happy Birthday and congrats on the great gift!

o

Thanks Gals.
Sirius, glad to hear it is easy, it looks that way. I am headed off to try it righ tnow. Think I will need a bigger table though, my worktable is piled up with stuff ..

Cindilu, next time I will be wishing for a ring saw like what you have. Sounds really great.

Daisy and Maria, thanks for the bday wishes.

o

Congratulations on your new tools & happy birthday - another Gemini. I had to do a search to find out what a beetle bits was - didn't think it was related to some insect - can't wait to see all the new things you create with your new tools.

o

Happy Birthday Mermaid !

Your friend,
ray Mfr. Beetle Bits

o

Thanks Ray and Springville.

By the way, Ray.. funny it rhymes . How small can you cut squares?? I am thinking of the mini 3/8th . Will Mr. Beetle cut that small?? And what about triangles???

o

Mermaid, Cacbeary did a tutorial on this... let me see if I can find the link

o
here it is

Cac describes the diamonds she did as 3/8ths. She also links a page that she made about the system

Here is a link that might be useful: Beetle bits

o

NT, I'm sorry I didnt' get back to you. Yes, I read what Cac described. So glad she kept me from making the mirror glass mistake.

Now I am seriously thinking i need the circle attachment and since DH said you need to buy it, without seeing the price, I think I will take advantage of his generosity be4 he sees the sticker shock. LOL.

But first, I have to try my hand at triangles and those diamonds, and if that is as simple as the squares.. well..

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here