Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
my poor lil chair

Posted by shellybelly26 (My Page) on
Mon, Jun 2, 08 at 11:45

The rocking chair i did oh id say a yr and a half ago is starting to fall apart. It has been on my porch and really hasnt been subjected to alot of abuse but alas the other day the kids showed me a few pieces that had fallen off so is there anything I can do to save it at this point or just chalk it up to a lesson learned and use better stuff next time i think i used the glue i bought from walmart on that one and not the ge II. I really did love that chair though and i have had so many compliments on it so I would love to save it

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: my poor lil chair

Sorry it's falling apart, that's gotta give you a sick feeling in your gut, huh? I have no ideas on how to save it, but would love to see it! Good luck!

o

So sad, but hey, you never know?Maybe it can be repaired or modified.
Send a pic so we can diagnose it !

o

Photobucket

this is the chair it was my first big piece. where it is breaking is on the arm two mirrors and a few GGs have fallen off so far but i am noticing that it is brittle feeling like the glue is letting go. oh well if it all falls off I guess I can start over LOL.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here