Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
guess what i got in the mail today

Posted by ba1je (My Page) on
Thu, Jun 26, 08 at 11:43

Photobucket Photobucket this arrived today from chickeemama. isn't it lovely? and i love the blue......barb

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: guess what i got in the mail today

It's beautiful, great clay work!!

o

Oh, my gosh! The first of the Exchange? It's wonderful! Oh, man, someday I have to learn to do clay too! Great work, chickeemama!

o

Boy, CHICKEE - you've gotten G.O.O.D. w/that clay, girlie. That's fabulous. BA - you're a lucky lady to get that piece. It's WONDERFUL.

o

And so it begins...WOW! That is STUNNING!
You outdid yourself, Chickee...great job!

o

This is really awesome! Lucky you to get something so beautiful! Chickeemama, Please tell us more about how you did this!

Becky

o

That cane is AWESOME chickee! you amaze me. Barb, you lucky dog you!

o

WOW!! THat is really really cool!! I want to hear all about how you did this Chickeemama.
A real piece of art!! The tune from looney tunes Porkey pig keeps running through my mind, you know the part where they say "thanks all folks?" because this is just the beginning. I can't wait to see all of these banks!!
wow so much to learn,...

o

WOW and double WOW! That is gorgeous. I want to know about it also. I have some canes I could use, if you will tell us how you did it? Lucky girl Barb... I envy you.
Mine is all wrapped and ready to send, will send it off in am. I did forget to take pictures, I was so anxious to get it on the way. Now I hope my exchange partner has a camera? I spent too long wrapping it in bubble wrap, I am not unwrapping.
Good luck to all. I am sure we will see a lot of beautiful banks in the next week!
Carol

o

I too am bubble wrapping tonight. I am so excited.

o

I can't begin to figure out how you do that! That is just too cool!

o

Crafty-Lady to Mosaicwench:

I got my bank today!! Thank you soooooo much Crafty-Lady - he's adorable!!!! And there's even a lucky 2008 penny INSIDE! I can't believe you cut and bent all those pennies!! You must be the incredible hulk of tesserae cutting!!

That tail is adorable!

o
RE: penny bank

WOW! How cute is that!! A real penny-saver!!
Awesome job, Crafty-Lady! How ever did you make his tail?

o

These are two adorable pigs!!!! Love them!! Good Job!

o

WoooHOOO - great job, girlie. BEAUTIFUL and thoughtful.

o

It's from ba1je and it's beautiful! THANK YOU Barb!( to Senga318

It's a heart shaped bank with really pretty flowers on it. She even did this really cool 3D flower thing where she layered the flower petals. I'm going to have to remember that technique for the future. Pictures below:

o

WOW!!! Love the 3d!!! Lucky You!!!

o

Wench I'm so glad you liked your bank. I really wasn't sure about this as I was making it because I didn't paint it first and it was hard to cover up the color of the original bank. I kept glueing pennies on but you could still see the color so I got the idea to use my DH's bolt cutters to cut the pennies in half. I discovered that the older pennies bend, but the newer ones break very easily in half. Cindiloo for the tail I just bent copper around a pencil and tried to fit it around the raised tail area and then just glued it in with GEII. I hoped that adding additional pennies would hold it in place and it seems to be firmly in place.

Chickee I love the colors you used on your bank.

Barb I love your dimensional flowers, what a clever idea!

Maria, you have gotten very good with your polymer tiles. I love your "treasures" that you included with the box too.

o

I got my bank in the mail today! It is B E A U T I F U L!

It's from Shrty (Maria). It's one of her famous boxes. She is really getting good at them. And it was filled with goodies, even a lock to lock the treasure chest!

Bank Exchange from Shrty

Front view of bank

Inside of Box & stash

o

What great stuff! I love it all.
Can't wait to see some more.

o

Oh my oh my oh my.. How beautiful.

A penny pig!!! Love it and the idea perfect, and that is such a cool tail and my fingers are hurting thinking of your poor ole fingers bending those pennies.

And then that 3d heart bank!! How cool is that??? It is so so pretty and those cuts amazing.

and now we have that gorgeous box!! I love boxes specially full of treasure, i see some van gogh on the front. just beautiful and classy

you gals outdid yourselves.

My bank didn't make it to the mail today due to a puter glitch. I am really mad, but it is all packed up and ready to go, if the glitch last until Monday, I will just drive up to the post office the old fashion way!! I have so gotten used to click and ship... LOL Since this is my first exchange, I REALLY wanted to get it in before the deadline, hope that it's not a problem sending it Monday, June 30th. my lips are sealed to who I am sending it to.

o

What a box!!! What treasure! Good job!!!

o

Don't worry mermaid..Monday is fine to mail it

o

Oh how lovely - love the 3-D work, and the box is so beautiful. Enjoying this thread.

o

I could hardly wait to get home today from camping to FIRST check my front porch (there's more anxious anticipation in store for me) and then check HERE to see who had received their treasures! Wow. They are so wonderful. You all never cease to amaze me with your talents. Each one is so unique and special. I couldn't believe the cut penneys, have never seen such wonderful clay work, and adore the 3-D flowers on the heart and that incredibly beautiful box!

I know we'll all be signing on just to look here every day!

o
cindiloo to chickeemama

Here is a copy of chickeemama's post for the bank she received from me:

Ok I got my bank today!!!!! CINDILOO....you did a WONDERFUL job...everone at worked adored it!!! I couldnt wait to get home and put the pictures on here.....the tiles and beads you gave me OH MY GOSH!!!! I absolutely adore them..I cant wait to figure out what to do with them I have wanted tiles like that for a long time!!!! The window hanger is so pretty...it will be going in my bedroom window after the DH puts the trim back on!!!

The turtle butt (tail) is my favorite part I think I just think you did such a perfect job and your grouting is so great!!!!

Before I post the pics I want to say that
Crafty- your penny bank is WONDERFUL and unique
Barb- the flower bank is so pretty, your flowers are perfect
Maria- the box is just beautiful!!

You can tell you guys but so much heart into all of them!!!!! This site is so great!!!

ok....the pics arent that great but here they are!!

Isnt this turtle friggin adorable!!!

Here is his cute little butt and tail!!!

And heres all the wondeful tiles she sent!! I had to use a blurry picture just to show the true colors of these tile!!! They are awesome!!

and the cool beads...oh and she had everthing neatly wrapped with a ribbon around each and a nice letter!!!

Last but not least a very cool blingy dangly thing she made to hang up!!

o
turtle bank

Here is a picture I took before sending it...can ya tell I'm a little proud of it, LOL!

o

Well, if that isn't the CUTEST little guy! Cindiloo, what great fun he is. And the included tesserae...wow, what beautiful pieces. Chickeemama, what a lucky gal you are!

o

Darlin', and just LOOK at the extras. BEAUTIFUL, CINDI.

o

CIndi, I love your turtle. He is so adorable and that tail, well WOW, too cool

Great job, can't wait to see all the rest of the banks.

o

Love the turtle and all the extras. A very lucky gal Chickeemama. The beads are to die for and the tiles are beautiful...Good job Cindiloo....I am checking my porch twice a day....waiting for mine...and I hope I see soon that mine made it.
Love the pennies and the box is beautiful.Everyone has done a beautiful job. What fun these exchanges are. I had decided I didn't want another time schedule, but if the next one is a good one, I will probably get in it too.
Way too much fun to miss out on!

o

MY EXCHANGE HAS ARRIVED! This was waiting for me when I went home at lunch today from Cacbeary (Carol C.). He is so cute! I can't believe all the little pieces...must have taken hours! I appreciate it! Thank you so much!

My exchange bank went out today at noon. So keep watch!

Isn't this fun?!

Becky

o

I am pacing the floor, checking the windows for delivery trucks and postmen, scouting the porch...it's like Christmas when we were kids!

o

Hi all! That pink pig is adorable!
I got my pig today from Pat,AKA Mosaicwench-he is fabulous! He is 3 inches tall! She also included mirror tiles and some hearts and stars in red white and blue. I Love him to death! Meet Paisley!
Pais
Pais3

Here is a link that might be useful: My album to see more!

o

Well, you lucky ducks. Such cuties are those pigs! The doorbell rang today and I ran to answer it, but it was a neighbor boy with our mail. Sigh....

o

Love Paisley...Pat that is very original and quite colorful. Great job...I would never have thought of that.
Love the pink grouted pig too, sooo many pieces, I bet that one took a long time as I bet pais did too.
This is so fun...can't wait until I get to post one that I get.

o

Wow, what a beautiful purpleicious pig! Just love that floral focal! Great job, CAC!

I'll say it again here, Paisly is sooo Bead-u-ti-ful!!

o

Two more cuties. Darlin'.

o

I love coming back in here and seeing the surprises!
That turtle is darlin!
Paisley is wonderful. I love working with beads like that!

o

FYI to everyone: We are stirring up the next swap already! It is going to be simply a TESSARAE swap. Details to come...watch for a new thread!

The banks are all great! I'm not sorry I didn't participate with everything going on here (though I did slip in getting the birdbath done and the crater ball started...but no deadlines on those!) I'm looking forward to the next one though. No thought involved other than what to pack, no work involved other than packing! It'll be fun!

o

I LOVE the idea of a tesserae exchange. No project work to have fun with, but we could get it out sooner too. GREAT idea, Idea Person! (That must be you, Ronnie...or are you a committee?) Whoever you are we appreciate you so much.

I'm still watching the front porch hourly....this teaches one patience, I guess. That's probably a good thing to have more of. (smile)

o

It's here! I received this delightful, colorful, whimsical "piggy" bank from Cathy! (No screenname included) I hope you can see the little piggy charm and imbedded pennies. How clever! She told me in the sweetest note that she was working with kids at camp on mosaic and used some of their materials for this, so it has special meaning to me in regards to who Cathy is. Thank you! I love it! It will have a special place in my home and heart!

Piggy Bank!

o

This is really fun!!! I got my box today and it is from Becky in Iowa, I love it!!!
The cutest piggy cut outs!! However did you do that so small? ANd I love the beautiful shiny different mirror tiles, fabulous pink flowers (another how did you cut so small?) My bank came with a mirror to help the bling factor and FOUR beautiful beads sticks(a special gift for my bday from Becky)

This really spells BLING!! and a special gift of a piggy from a special mosaic artist who lives in farm country. How divine as Candace Olson would say

Here she is...Junebankexchange

Bank Exchange from Becky in Iowa

o
re: guess what i got in the mail thank you

Thanks so much Becky in Iowa, I forgot to say that when I was showing my new box bank!! I really love it.

However did you get the grout to look so clean and sparkly??? Looks like snow!!!

and THANK YOU for those gorgeous beads!! Can't wait to use

o

How pretty! I LOVE those bead sticks! And yes, Becky.....tell us about the grout!

o

What do you think would come from an aquatically named friend??? A FISH bank, of course! THank you so much, mermaid, the fish is wonderful! I love the whole bank, but especially the big red lips...and the ball chain around the eyes and the good luck 2008 penny and the colors and, and, and ......I love the whole thing! BTW, that's one of our youngest, Bubba, checking out my bank. He's only 8 mos, but is a VERY big boy and probably the nosiest of the bunch! He checked it out from lips to tail while I was trying to photograph it.

Was it hard grouting around the ball chain? Sure looks like it would be....3-D and all!

Pat

o

Oh my goodness...look what I got: "Swirlita the Swine" by wackyweeder (Jenny). Thank you so much! I love her! and look at all my goodies too!

o

Cathy what a "charming" little bank, Becky, awesome little piggy cut-outs, and mermaid, that is a cool fish!
Everyones stuff is soooo cute, and this is so much fun!

o

daisyme - Cathy is a friend of bettycbowen.She hasn't posted here yet. Hopefully when she gets home from vacation we can get her here!!

Becky Nice bank Love those piggies and the grout is perfect!!

Mermaid, how cute ! love those fish lips.

Wacky great piggy and awesome goodies

Don't forget everyone. Carl wants to see these too!!

o

Bubba and the fish are great. I do really love that fish especially from the side. Nice work, Mermaid! Wow. The Swirlita the Swine is pretty darn cute too. I love the black with the mirror tile, and a touch of red....very cute!

o

Wow! So much to see today....

LOVE that colorful urn and the embedded pennies are such a special touch. Great job bettycbowen's friend, Cathy!

Lucky you, Mermaid, that bank is AWESOME! The pink pigs are perfect and those bead sticks are sooo pretty! You always do such beautiful work, Becky!

Mermaid, that fish bank is too cool! What fun!
Curb, your cat looks like he wants some fish for dinner and what is that red/white ball in the background, hmmmm?

Swirlita is too cute! Love that flutterby! Looks like your kitty is passing up the pork and going for the pretty pink tile!

*sigh* still waiting for mine to come......

o

Oh my this really seems like Christmas!! It is so fun seeing all of the banks and individual personalities and how much work went into all of them.

Cathy, love your whimsy, Swilitia what a cute name for a cute piggy. This really is fun, if not a tad time pressure. The tess swap sounds like a perfect summer break.

Curb, actually grouting around the ballchain wasn't as hard as grouting around gems etc., and I was worried they might have come off so grouting provided extra sticking power, i followed NT's advice on that .

It's about time for the rest of the banks!! Can't wait to see them.

o

wow, there's a bunch more over here that I hadn't seen! they're all so fun! I especially love that fish Mermaid!

heres what I got, from Senga!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

and it was already filled with booty!

Photobucket

Thanks Senga, very cool! love art deco style and colors - classic!

o

They are all just wonderful! So much fun to see how varied the concepts are even when all are working on a single idea - ya'll are simply awesome! The cutting, color combinations, materials and different substrates are amazing!

cindiloo - The striped thing is one of my TX flag themed bowling balls. It has a bluebonnet on the opposite side. Had it done for months, just waiting on me to grout.

Pat

o
I made a traditional pig

Adaisy has recieved a bank from me, here it is

Mo, wearing a lovely scarf that reads, "Put it away for tesserae" she is dressed in copper

PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

I included a cabbage plate, I am the cabbage plate lady! lol
Photobucket

o

NT, you are also leading the way in poly clay tess! Do tell how you got the sections to curve so neatly around MO.... That's adorable! That cabbage plate looks so real!

Pat

o

Smacking myself on the forehead.....I am soooo slow, a copper pig.....pennies....I just now got that part.

o

this came to me today, by Donna Post/ Cadonna. It is beautiful. Her note says she used foil wrapping paper, tempered glass, glitter tiles & Mosaic tiles. Good interpretation of the challenge

Here is a link that might be useful: mosaic bank

o

Curb, I cut out the strip of clay and formed it around her, stamped it, divided it into individual "tiles" and baked it in place!

WW, if you look at the 1st photo you might see that the legs have half pennies. Thats how I know how much work Crafty put into her bank... its not easy to cut them

o

Oh, Donna...that TG flower is just BEAUTIFUL!! I wanna try TGing over colored foil...it always looks so pretty and shiny! What is the substrate? I'm guess a tin?

o

cindi-thanks!
it's a flower shaped ceramic bank.

o

Cadonna How neat that you would find an unusual shape for the bank, as did several others....thinking outside the pig. I love the use of the mixed media on this,it sure does shine...I will try to fill it up and then I can fill up my gas tank and go see Slow. LOL
Thanks again.

o

Donna, that flower is gorgeous! How cool to find that!

o

i LOVE ebay! you can find just about anything there......

o

Posting this for Andylynne (from Flagtruck):

I got back from the inlaws cottage yesterday and there was a package waiting for me. It is from Carol Thomas...no screen name given, so I'm not sure who it is. I feel terrible, it cost an arm and a leg for shipping.

Anyhoo, the piggy is pretty cool. I love the blue and green colour combo. The nose is pretty cool too...I like how it is done. I see new things every time I look at it. Thank you very much Carol !!!

o

Pretty blue and green piggy! The milli eyes and around the nose is cool!
And I LOVE the cup handles!! Great job!

o

Here is the piggy I made for the exchange:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

o

Great pig!! She's got one fancy rear end!!

o

Pretty, pretty pig all dressed up in green and copper! Beautiful work!

o

Yippee, my bank finally came! It is from Pat who I think is curbdiver. Her note had me very intrigued and I couldn't wait to see what she did. Her note said to drop coins or folded paper money down the spout...to open twist the top 1/4 turn and if I want to use it as a hiding spot for jewelry then remove the 2 screws on the bottom and that she gutted most of the electrical components to make room for little things.

So...any guesses about what she did????

Here it is...

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE MY COFFEE POT BANK!!!!! It ties right in with my shabby chic stuff. Thank you Pat, this was a very clever idea!

I am way behind on my comments on all the other banks so I just want to add how great they all have been. Can't wait to see the remaining banks.

Barb

o

NOW I can stop holding my breath wondering if it arrived OK! So glad it did and you like it! It was definitely a fun project...just called to me at the thrift store...Enjoy!

Pat

o

What a cool idea!! Your projects are always so fun!!

o

Yes, very cool! And it's sooo pretty! Great job!!

o

They are all so wonderful.. It's just amazing how many takes on a bank there can be!! These exchanges are my favorite to watch. I love when you guys do the same object, or the
same idea, in this case! Love the way everyone's idea's are all their own. Your gift exchanges are awesome ladies! Really enjoy them!! Have never seen people do this kind of thing. This forum is the best I have ever seen. Most people
don't trust anyone's words, let alone their faith in an exchange like you all do. That is worth a lot....You are a wonderful bunch here. Love what you do!

o

Well, that is the neatest idea I have seen...how original. No piggys for you gal. Excellent work...Lucky lady Barb.

o

I received the MOST AMAZING treasure box from Daisyme!! These photos cannot do it justice. I feel so blessed and honored to receive this special "Songbird's Secret". THANK YOU SO MUCH DAISYME!!!!

It's a beautiful china pattern

intertwined with twigs and rocks and some shells

there's a copper metal leaf as a perch

the chimney acts as a handle to open the lid

how she matched up the pieces it's amazing!!

inside - the songbird's secret beads!!

the roof is made from acorns!!

IT'S AMAZING!!

o

WOW AND DOUBLE WOW! She was worried that it didn't make it and now I know why. It is drop dead gorgeous and one of a kind. How unique..you are very luck Crystal..I know you will treasure this one...beautiful job Gail.

o

How FABULOUS! That is simply beautiful! What a unique idea! The top and bottom fit together perfectly...so wonderful!

Daisyme, how on earth did you cut those perfect shingles??? Got a stash of cones from a tree at my mom and dad's - my sis has always wanted me to make something with them, but I couldn't figure out how to cut them off into a useable shape/size.

Pat

o

Awesome Daisyme!! great job!!

o

You oudid yourself on this one Daisyme! It's truly one of a kind AWESOME!

o

WOW Daisyme...that is one awesome bank!

o

DAISY, that is terrific! I love woodsy stuff. I met my DH in a chatroom, and his ID was "Woodsman" :)

Aren't those pine cone "thingies", rather than acorns? (Can't think what you'd call them...)

o

Thank you so much, everyone! I just got in tonight from a vacation and was so anxious to see if the house had arrived safely. And in my email I got the BEST and SWEETEST thank you letter from "Crystal". It just delighted me that she loved the house so much.

Ladyronnie, you are right. Those ARE pinecone "thingys" or "leaves" (I've been trying to figure out what to call them too). I'd never tried them before. But I got concerned about weight for mailing. They worked out so great I'll use them again. I just took a pair of garden clippers and cut them off as close as I could to the core. They layed out pretty well on their own.

It was fun to mesh the ceramic pieces too so hopefully you couldn't tell where the "bank" opened. I got a pretty good shot of that myself and will post it with my other house pics if anyone is interested in seeing that. I think you can get to it at Photbucket.com/daisyme/birdhouses

This exchange has been SO fun for me, and I can hardly wait for the next one. What wonderful projects everyone did! I can hardly wait til I get the time to pour over them and have a chance to comment on them. Right now, though, we've just unpaked the car and the DH is pacing and asking what's for dinner. We leave to go backpacking Friday!

o
Oops!

Oops! It's http://photobucket.com/daisyme-birdhouses. You've gotta spell photobucket right for sure. LOL

o

No WAY! thats AMAZING Daisyme! OMG thats so awesome!!!!

CURB - I LOVE THAT POT!!!! what a cool Idea

o

Nicethyme and rchovey! I love your banks! They both "speak" to me in their beautiful coppers. Nicethyme....I'm still finding time to try to catch up here, but you MADE those tiles with the words? How great is THAT? I HAVE to learn how to do that. Rchovey, what is the blue tesserae? I just love that combination! The pig's behind is absolutely wonderful. Inspired! How did YOU do your lettering?

Flag! I do believe I see pieces from your kitchen collection on your colorful pig! The gal that started me on the birdhouses used handles and beads as you do too! No wonder we get along. I love your style!

Senga and Pat! What amazing pieces you produced! Senga, your box is really really well done and quite special. Wow. And Pat, GEE! You REALLY made a secret space. Did you warn Crafty Lady to be sure to leave a note for her family if she leaves anything important in there? That's a great piece.

o

my bank came and it's beautiful! it's from andrea and i LOVE everything about it. she used gems and tempered glass and created something so lovely. thanks so much andrea-it's perfect!!

o

Daisyme, the tesserae is from my friends back windshield of her convertible. We were at a craft show last year and when she started to let the top down to make it easier to remove some things from her car.... "CRASH"... something was in the back window ledge. I immediately found a bag and started collecting the glass! I've been saving it for over a year now. Still have some left. The words were found at AC Moore or Michael's can't remember which now. Glad you like her! It was such fun.

o

What an adorable blue box! I love the all the tesserae, and the color combination is beautiful. As I understand it, that smaller glass is crash glass? Wow, I've got to get some of that! It makes up so great, doesn't it? Cadonna, you got a great piece in the exchange!

Archovey, you were so lucky even though your friend wasn't. LOL Thanks for letting me know what the tesserare was. It's really special. Is it hard to work with? Did you just push it into copper-colored thinset and use a stamp for the lettering? I LOVE how it looks. Oh! So many questions! That pig is so absolutely wonderful.

o

You guys blow me away. I'm finally catching up!

chickeemama - you are the queen of cane. that piggy turned out cool!

Crafty-Lady - the penny bank is adorable

ba1je - I love the gentle colors of the heart bank.

Shrty - Your boxes are rocking now. You found your niche.

cindiloo - love the little turtle! We have a turtle and she can't help but make me smile.

Cacbeary - what a cute pink and purple piggy!

Wench - Love the bright colors of the paisley beaded piggy!

Cathy - the jar is lovely.

Carol - blue and green piggy is adorable.

BeckyIA - the blingy box is adorable with the pink piggies!

Mermaid - your fishy is adorable!

wackyweeder - "Swirlita the Swine" is too cute!! Love the butterfly on the snout!

Senga - that box is the bomb! Reminds me of an old fashioned train case.

Nice - that copper penny color piggy is wonderful, your poly clay work is amazing.

rchovey - that is the cutest tail ever!

curb - I love the coffeepot! I had an aunt that kept her "house money" in an old coffee pot, I forgotten about that until I saw this! :)

andrea - that blue box is awesome! It reminds me of looking underwater. It has so much depth. LOVE IT!

PHEW I think I got all posted!! 4 to go?

o

Beautiful tiles and one big tile on the top. It was also filled with goodies!!

Thank you..and the apology was not necessary!!

by my count 3 have not been posted...plus one that rchovey posted,but the recipient has not yet acknowledged.

One is coming from Canada and two people are still on vacation. One ,I was told, was sent by the deadline

o

Look what I got from Betty Bowen - who is off traveling through Paris and Italy! Isn't he just the cutest?? She made rolled ceramic tiles with different money sayings on them (and then broke them up!)Just adorable, Betty.
Thanks,
Ann
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

o

On the newest pig...that was such a clever and cute idea to use the money sayings on the rolled ceramic tiles. I hope Betty's having a grand time traveling too!

Shirty, a pretty box and a lot of tess. I just love that tile on the top. Lucky you!

o

Very clever !! cute little piggy!!

o

What a unique idea! Very nice!!

o

gibsona, I'm glad the pig arrived in one piece.

I'm also glad my friend cathy's lovely little box arrived at its destination too - she is off on vacation in CA and we'll post her bank when she gets home. She's led our local art camp for about 12 years now, so doing it with the camp tile was a perfect choice for her.

I got back from Italy in the wee hours of the morning and I just dropped in to see if it got to you --- now I'm off to the post office and pick up my bank!!

o

Betty...did you get a chance to check your mail? I curious to see if you like the gift?

o

I forgot to post my pretty little piggy over here.
My bank came from Andylynne and I just love it!
First it traveled around the world: (and was NOT damaged at all!)

And then it went wee-wee-wee all the way home:

o

Cindyloo, I have been thinking of posting and asking if you ever got your bank. Now the mystery is solved. What an adorable lil' piggy. Who did it come from?? She did a great job, I haven't ever posted over on the other side, guess I should check out out. I know Maria wanted up to post our banks both places.

I continue to be amazed at all the great ideas coming from one exchange.. so many different interpretations !! and they are all great

o

What a wonderful testament to andylynne's packing skills! Yet another precious bank made it safely to it's new owner. Personally, I think they are all fabulous! Couldn't name a favorite unless, of course, it was the one **I** received!! LOL!!

Pat

o

Last thing we heard from bettycbowen was that she was on the way to the post office to pick up her package after returning from vacation.... do you think she's OK? We also haven't heard from her friend Cathy who has also been on vacation. Does anyone have contact with these folks? I'm a bit of a worry-wort.
Betty and Cathy: if you're out there let us know your OK.

o

I got this email from Cathy:

Maria,
I have just gotten back into town after an extended visit with my family in California. My exchange bank was waiting for me and it was wonderful!
I will post my pictures as soon as I can figure out how! (Sorry, I am VERY computer illiterate.) The exchange was alot of fun. Thank you for organizing the whole deal.
Cathy

I emailed them both asking them to post as soon as they could

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here