Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A KNOL about mosaics . . .

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 30, 09 at 11:36

Have y'all heard about ''knols?'' It's a new google thing; units of knowledge written by experts. Here's one on mosaics; very good information . . .

Here is a link that might be useful: Melissa Miller's Knol about mosaics

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A KNOL about mosaics . . .

Hey SILVA: Long time since you've been here - been missing you. Thanks for the link - I'd seen her mosaics b/f, and LOVE her work.

o

Hi there, I know it's been a long time; I check in here every day but haven't been able to post. My mom died in January and I just went into a funk. I am still working on my stair risers - slow but sure; I have only three more to go. I thought it was very interesting about Knols; maybe we all should write some . . . .

o

Oh, so sorry to read about your Mom. No wonder you've been down. I am not capable of writing ANYTHING, cuz I just go blindly along and do what I think w/work. Wouldn't dare put anything on the net like I KNOW something. Everything I do is experimenting. Mosaicing w/help you back to normal, SILVA. Get on those stairs.

o

Bless you Silva. Thanks for the posting.
I found this old trowel or whatever it is and was thinking of what to do with it, now I have it!

o

Thanks, Slow and Texasfern! Here's a link to my blog which chronicles my stair risers . . .

Here is a link that might be useful: Silva's mosaic blog

o

Thanks!

o

Silva you do not live for from me .I live in LLano.I have a friend who lives in Sp wood.She works for the EMS or did any way.Glad to know another Tex mosais

o

Oh my gosh! We need to meet up! I was just in Llano two weeks ago for the Lavender Festival (see my blog). email me at silvahayes@gmail.com.

o

Texas gals unite!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here