Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
backsplash as lifestyle choice

Posted by bettycbowen (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 30, 10 at 11:27

I decided this morning that this is taking so long it is more lifestyle choice than "project"! :)

I got a new section up yesterday - the previous section was christmas break -

The section in place - see where the undercabinet light stops? Grrrrrr. It really leaves this section in the dark. Must see if I can get an add-on. If you click on the photo, you can see it right-side up - I can't get this rotated - it shows right on photobucket. Sorry.

Photobucket

stepping back - the Christmas Break section and the Summer Break section! (hopefully there will be one more summer section)
two sections

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: backsplash as lifestyle choice

That is stunning, just gorgeous! I know what you mean about ''lifestyle choice'' as opposed to ''project.'' It took me a year to finish my stair risers.

o

Oh Betty, that is beautiful...just keep on gal, you are doing a beautiful job. I do believe you can add on to your lighting.

o

Looks sooo stunning, bet it is awesome at night too! Keep at it! I spent 4yrs on a project once! I don't recommend it that's for sure!lol! Especially when it is all done, Ya wonder...why did I take so long!!!
Besides....Sleep is overrated!!!ha!

o

WOW!!!!!I love it.

o

That is stunning! Love the colors.

o

Absolutely gorgeous. TELL me about a lifestyle. I live, dream, yearn mosaics. Wish I had nothing else ever to do but mo, mo, mo. You're doing a beautiful job. And just think - YOU DON'T HAVE TO GROUT, if I remember correctly. Such a lovely project. You'll figure out your solution.

o

Beautifully executed!!!! Love your color choices, those are my fav's!!!

o

Yep, it's definitely a lifestyle. I have said many times, I need to live to be a thousand years old in order to mosaic everything I want to!

o

Smalti...you deserve to be commended! That does take time for sure! Your time and efforts are paying off though, its stunning. Very, very nice!

o

wow. nice. i love smalti but too expensive for my pocket so i stick to glass.
i also have a "zone" in the kitchen that would look great mosaicked.
hmmm...
GREAT JOB!

o

Thanks guys! yeah, smalti isn't cheap. I've slowly been collecting smalti for about 5 years and plan to live with this backsplash for keeps. I don't throw ANY of it away. The tiny gravelly leftover bits I put in a glass cylider candle holder (with candle). I haven't seen any mosaic artists on "Hoarders"....yet.....

o

....yet.... being the key word. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see the staff of "Hoarders" at my door, having been alerted by my husband or daughter . . .

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here