Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Garden wall is done, yay!

Posted by loribee2 (My Page) on
Sat, Jun 30, 12 at 10:30

I've got 2 yards of dirt coming today. With three giant redwoods on the other side of that wall and nothing but shade, I'm thinking rhododendrons and azaleas are probably my best bet. And somewhere among the shrubs will be the home of Mr. Sea.

IMG_5935

IMG_5943

IMG_5941

IMG_5937

IMG_5936

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Garden wall is done, yay!

What did you use to glue the glass stones on to the wall.
Thanks

o

I used thinset, Maipei Ultraflex II is the thinset of choice around here. Although, I had two of the stones fall off. I'm hoping they just weren't set in very well, and that it's not going to be an ongoing problem. :-(

But here is a picture with the planter filled in. Soooo nice to have this done. Even though my son helped me with the whole process, landscaping is still backbreaking work. Everything hurts!

IMG_5947

IMG_5944

o

OMG I love love love it !!!!!!!!! So cool!!

o

Thanks, Nana! This patio used to be such a dull place to sit, now I LOVE being out there.

o

Looks Great!!!! Love it! Had a read of your blog too! Quite enjoyable! Looks so good all planted up and those cute shrooms!!!

o

Thanks! A nice bi-product is the drip I installed to go with it. Sprayers along the back wall, probably twice the number of emitters than I really needed. But on a hot day I could turn it on, sit on the wall and enjoy a nice misting. LOL

o

Just that little touch makes it look so elegant !

o

Elegant, indeed. Very soothing.

o

Your wall is beautiful!! I love it!!

o

Thanks! I am enjoying it now that it's done, lol.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here