Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Totems

Posted by flagtruck (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 22, 10 at 8:55

Here are a few pieces of my attempt to make my own totems from ceramic and found objects. I am way behind in getting these together and they need a lot of work. I had too many boxes of components to store so upright they will go. LOL The original inspiration pieces are shown next to it. No comparison to mine I'm afraid.In the totem album on my flickr are pics of the components as I made them from ceramic. I am still finishing the leaves and components I am making from crete.

Here is a link that might be useful: totems

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Totems

Fabulous! Love the blues. Thanks for the pics. Please keep 'em coming.

o

Oh Flagtruck... I LOVE those!!! You have done a beautiful job. I wish I knew how to do ceramics (although the LAST thing I need is another "obsession":) I'm working on a hypertufa totem right now but REALLY like all the beautiful colors you have incorporated!! Just wonderful!

o

OMG.....you are AWESOME!! I love the totem. Thanks so much for sharing & giving us ideas!

o

Those are awesome !!! I love them.

o

BEAUTIFUL, FLAG. Was wondering when you were gonna put those together. You did a fabulous job. I've been weeding/ mulching every morning for two weeks - believe me - I'll hire this job done in the future. Think I can finish up today and get back to mosaics.

o

I L.O.V.E. Totems!!! AND I REALLY like Tall ones like these!!! Go Big or Go Home!lol! I'm like a chicken with my head cut off these days and my Art Room looks like a tornado hit it!Off to visit Little Cindy LooHoo..er, Klinger today!!! FUN FUN FUN!!!

o

Thanks to all of you. I am glad you like them. I now have rebar stuck in the ground all over my beds awaiting the next additions when I get them grouted. I must make some more marbles tho. I have thought about looking at WalMart for some bright kids balls and punch holes in them and skewer them too, maybe nerf balls? I will keep on thinking about what else to use. I have some pringles cans painted and awaiting holes in top and bottom for rebar...Slow, I just ran out of storage space and had to stack some of these pieces vertically. I set up my drill press with my glass cutting bits and drill the cups now, what a backsaver. LOL

o

Oh! Sounds like a great way to do your drilling! Darn, I got rid of my drill press...will have to scrounge another one!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here