Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
clothes dryer

Posted by gibsona (My Page) on
Tue, Jun 30, 09 at 8:11

Just a quick question - I've been looking for cement mixer to use as tumbler for bunch of bottles but can't find 1 close enough to me. So, will an old dryer that no longer heats up work? I see tons of those free on craigslist! Would love to have 1 to play with this long weekend.
Have a good one.
Ann

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: clothes dryer

What a novel idea. Guess you'd have to experiment. Do you not have a Harbor Frieght near enough? When I was contemplating getting a cement mixer, they had one for just under $100.

o

And to add to what Slow said, I got one a couple years ago and use it for cement and to tumble my plate shards and anything else I want to tumble, I throw in about a cup of sand with each load and add water to cover, turn it on and let it go to town. I usually tumble each load about an hour and then check it, dump into a plastic basket and rinse with water. Then lay them out to dry. I wore out two rock tumblers before I decided to put my cement mixer to use. I really don't believe a clothes dryer would work as there is no way for it to hold water..and you might get quite a shock if the water and electrical mix.

o

What a dork I am!! I forgot about the water!! So glad I asked the experts first! HaHa
Ann

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here